Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Intro to Bandit (originally posted on MySpace 07/10/2007)

The "Mother's Curse" found me after all. You know the one--all Mother's curse their offspring with it when they are totally frustrated: "I hope your children are 'just like you'!" Yep. It found me when my (then) 2 year old Chinese Crested and I took an Agility class a couple of years ago. (Think doggie obsticle course.) Since I have no kidos of my own, I thought I had successfully dodged the "Mommy Curse." But it found me--thanks to the aforementioned teenager--"Bandit."

Some days Bandit LOVED class and would do just about anything I asked him to do. Other days he had a mind of his own (two years later, he still is quite stubborn). Such was the case the night I realized the "Mother Curse" had finally found me. Before class, Bandit went through the "chute" (barrel with a collapsed tarp "windsock" attached). Not only did he go through it, he did it perfectly. I was so pleased! I got all puffed-up and "mama-proud." Bandit was going to rock! This was HUGE--our first class his tail was tucked between his hind legs until the very last thing we did. He was so timid and shy. So there I was, proud Mama, gonna show off--and what did my little precious do? He sat. He refused to budge. Not for anything. Not for his favorite smelly treat. Not for a toy. Not for praise. Nada!

This was not just passive-aggressive, it was PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE to the max! You see, Bandit is somewhat "prissy"--he refuses to sit or lie down in the dirt or on the grass without a physical struggle. By-the-way, If Bandit is any indication, 15 pound dogs can be very strong (as well as strong-willed)!

So,there we were--Bandit was performing well and I was in show-off mode. I gave the "chute" command and Bandit executed it (not as well as before class, but I was still feeling pretty good about our progress). Then we went to the tire jump (a tire/ring/hoop suspended by a couple of chains) and I gave the "tire" command. Bandit "anointed" it mid-stream (pun intended--it's kind of hard to pee mid-jump, but the Bald Boy's got talent). I stopped laughing long enough to grab the "OdoBan" (scent neutralizer in which I should have stock--as often as I clear out the shelves at WalMart). I proceeded to clean the tire. (I also reguiarly cleaned the tunnel, the jump, the barn door, the...you name it--when Bandit and I were taking the class, the obstacles were the cleanest in Texas). When we arrived at a regular jump (bar jump, 8-12 inches high). I gave the "over" command, and my beloved teen promptly sat--in the dirt! Then he proceeded to look at me with the most haughty look a bald dog with Don King Hair can muster. He actually smiled at me, and I CLEARLY heard him say, "Aint gonna happen, and you can't make me!" And I didn't. Yep, the "Mother Curse" finally caught up with me that night!

When I told my Mama--she roared with laughter! Quite frankly, I failed to see the humor. But growing up I also learned something from my Mama--perseverance.

Bandit now sits and lies down on comand--even outside in the dirt/on the grass (well, most of the time anyway)! We're still working on his tendency to pee-on-the-fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment