Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Rambling Buble'less Whine.

Alas, although I have the newly released Buble' CD, I remain Buble'less! Counting my portables, I have six CD Players. Because none are currently functional I whined about being Buble'less for several days before I broke down and finally purchased #7. It's a nice little shelf-top model with an iPod docking station. I've barely traded in my 8-tracks and vinyl, and am iPod-less so I should have gone with the portable, iPod-dock-less, boom-box, but #7 has a timer and remote control. I really like remotes. In fact, I'm quite the collector of remotes. I have more remotes than CD Players. I currently have remotes for three TVs, a Converter, two tower fans, a tower heater, two car lock remotes, (I almost had the remote engine start-installed on my SUV as well), CD Player #3, and a couple of unidentified remotes. I think they reproduced. They all require different size batteries, so I've decided to invest in battery stock since my 401K has been an underachiever for the past few years. Anyway, when I learn a product has a remote, I suddenly develop an insatiable need for said product. Please don't share this information with telemarketers or salespeeps of your acquaintance or lineage as this knowledge gives them an unfair advantage over me. But I digress...I hooked up #7, popped in the newly released Buble' CD, pressed "play," picked up my Diet Dr Pepper, sat back in my favorite recliner, and prepared to be transported to Heaven while I listen to strains of Buble' wafting over the airwaves. Silence wafted. The instructions for #7 don't have a trouble shooting page. Technology has not been my friend today: the computers at work were down; Clear--my Internet provider--disconnects every late night, early morning, and anytime it rains; the cursor on my laptop jumps helter-skelter from line to line; my Mac doesn't have a word processing program so I have to type all documents in email to spell check--and I haven't figured out how to add the accent to the end of "Buble"; the Face Book Wall character-counter is a harsh, unrelenting editor; #7 remains silent; and when I hit "snooze" this morning it somehow changed my wake-up time from 05:45 to 06:45 (which means for the next 6-months every time I hit the snooze button I will have one eye open and not be able to fully relish the additional 4 minutes per snooze hit--this sort of defeats the purpose of setting the wake-up time early enough to be able to hit snooze 5-16 times before stumbling out of bed). But again I digress. Back to #7: I've decided not to deal with technology tonight, so #7 and it's remote have been repacked. Buble' has returned to the remote-less CD Player in the SUV, and I'm going for a drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment