I like suprizes...usually...when they're good. But honestly, spending the 23rd Anniversary of my 29th B-day eatting Bandit's dog food is not what I had planned!
I had planned to be in Florida visiting Family and Friends, and was toying with taking a flying lesson or driving a NasCar race car--or even going on the hot air ballon ride I had to give up last year (I still "owe" myself that one). Instead, I was spending $230 to buy Bandit's freedom from the Vet's boarding facility he called "home" as I recooperated from a "day" surgery that ended up being a 4-day/3-night hospital stay, and a week and a half at Lindas house while I was unable to drive or manage my rambunctious Boy. I was so glad to have him, I didn't even scold him when he ate my BBQ left-overs and an almost new bag of Bacon Jerky! Yummy!!! So how did that translate into eatting Bandit's dog food?
I was thrilled to be driving again, and had run a lot of errands: WalMart, Bank, Credit Union, December Tags for the SUV, TxTag Coustmer Service in person--in Austin--to take care of a problem I could not seem to take care of on line, etc. I became a little hungry--but not hungry enough to stop for a meal, and Bandit had already consummed my left-overs and jerky, so I reached over to the snack basket in the passeger seat and withdrew one of the ziplock bags. It was nearly empty and unlabled. I wondered if it was the cajun sesame sticks or the sweet sesame sticks. I withdrew a few of the nuggets and thought how unlikely it was that they were all nuggets or peanuts--and none of my favorites--the sesame sticks. I popped them into my mouth.
Crunch, crunch, crunch...hummm....not spicy.
Crunch, crunch, crunch...hummm....not sweet.
Crunch, crunch, crunch...hummm....What's the likelihood that all 3-4 are tasteless "duds?"
Crunch, crunch--ewwwwwwwww!!!! Realization hit me!
I had started to munch Bandit's food! I keep a small baggie of his dog food in the car because one of the Belton Sonic's, has spoiled him by giving him treats when we visit. He now barks his "order" at every Sonic. Unfortunately not all Sonic's are forward-thinking, pet-friendly eateries. So I've started to carry a small bag of dog food or treats in case they are out or we go to a Sonic that doesn't have them. This way he's got his own food and he's not begging mine. I remembered putting it into the snack basket and actually thinking, "now, all the snacks will be together--Bandit's and mine." Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time--in fact, I was quite proud of myself for attempting to become organized...
Now, I realize my folly, because I have a mouthful of dog food and I'm searching frantically for something to spit it into--of course, in my quest to become organized, I'd just thrown the BBQ "to go" container and extra napkins away when I pumped gas; therfore, I had nothing in which to spit this mess. I ended up spitting the crunched up dog food into my hand before I remembered I had the gas receipt from the recent fill-up in my pocket. I dug it out and transfered the muck from my hand into the receipt. Organization is highly over-rated.
Yep...I ususually enjoy a suprize...when it's a good one. Just in case you're wondering...I didn't consider this a good one.
Welcome to the BOMB.
The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...
- My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”
Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)
- Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
- Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
- Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
- Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
- The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)