Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Once Again, I'm Awesome! (It's Proficiency-writing Time)

So, amid the View vs Nurses controversy this week, I wrote and submitted my annual proficiency.


Once again, I'm awesome! 


Seriously, the first year I was unprepared--I didn't know I would be responsible for writing my own proficiency and that I had to have concrete examples for my claims. But from the second year forward I have kept a yearly folder with accomplishments, complex problems I've handled, compliments from stakeholders (Veterans, Family, Vendors, Co-workers, etc.).  And every year when I pull the folder out (of the computer), I am amazed at all the stuff I do--and that only includes the events I take the time to write up. 


If you don't already have some sort of journal or folder to keep track of your accomplishments, start keeping one--it's a great ego booster (especially when idiots who haven't got a clue dis your profession or you personally--The View). It's good to be humble--but it's also good to know that you have worth!  That what you do matters--not just in your life but in other peoples lives as well. That you make a difference. Because we do.  All of us.

And the icing on the cake was when my Supervisor made a special trip to my just to tell me she was impressed with my proficiency and asked if I would write her next proficiency!  (That--or the request to write another type of evaluation of them--has actually been a request from my last three Supervisors.  Writing is one of the things I count as a strength--although some forms of writing are more difficult than others.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment