Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Rule Breakers

This week has been one of breaking rules. Unfortunately, the rule breaker has not been me.

Let's start with Moggy. The night of the Blood Moon I missed it because I was chasing down a kitten bent on not following directions, not coming when I called his name, and just flat out antagonizing me by scampering off in the opposite direction just as my fingers brushed his fur.

Then there's the ever popular Bad Boy:  Bandit--who also refused to respond to his name. He's actually perfected the selective deafness. If I so much as whisper certain words his head jerks up and his ears stand at attention. Words like:  "ride," "outside," and "treat." But the words he turns a deaf ear to include:  "here," "now," and even his own name--"Bandit."

The rule breakers don't just apply to the four-legged boys at home. All week long the attending physicians and residents alike have refused to follow various hospital  protocol.  As a result, it took me three or more requests and at least as many explanations for each task to be accomplished.

And to top it off, I now have a headstrong Office Pet now. This pet was warned to get out of the traffic flow or risk being stepped on. Did Lizzy listen?

No!  My new Supervisor advised Lizzy to move out of the way. Lizzy was unphased.

Karla, A Mother not used to not being obeyed, physically moved Lizzy out of the way. That was only partially successful--within half an hour Lizzy started homesteading in the traffic pattern again. That's when my Social Worker almost ran Lizzy down. She was intent on the task at hand, walking without watching where she was going, and came within a fraction of an inch of impact.

I saw the impending collision and called out to my Social Worker. Katrevas fancy footwork almost tripped her up, but she caught herself just before she plowed into Lizzy.

Did Lizzy thank her for her thoughtfulness?  No.

Did she remove herself from future harm. Ha!
Lizzy planted herself like a statue on the Courthouse Square of any small country town--and she grew roots.

Until Katreva told her to go to get out of the way and the corner, that is.

Lizzy did exactly what Katreva told her to do. In record time. Could Lizzy have done that for me!  In a heart beat!!  Did she?

No.

Some days the Mommy Voice is a bust and NO ONE listens to me--not the kitten I rescued and have provided with a safe home.  Not the spoiled rotten dog whose travels, wardrobe. and pampered lifestyle are the envy of many of my friends and acquaintances.  Not the Doctors who have not figured out I know how to work within the constraints of The System to obtain elusive goodies and services.

And not even the new Office Pet, Lizzy Lizard!

Since everyone else has been breaking the rules, I think it's just about my time to break a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment