Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Some People Make Me Want to Screem! (Or Hang Up on Them)


So I had my windshield replaced while I was at work today. Pretty cool. Actually, it was replaced because of the cold—I had a pre-existing nick and the extreme weather change yesterday put a swirly crack all the way across the windshield. 

This morning, I called the Tax Accessor Office to see if I needed to do anything extra when I renew my tags (other than have the car inspected, hold on to the receipt, and  enter the information on line).  I had forgotten that this is the year I go to a one-sticker system.  So, trying to be an upstanding citizen (albeit a procrastinator), I called and the  woman on the other end of the phone actually tried to intimidate and bully me—doesn’t work. I don’t intimidate. And I fight bullies.

Power Tripping Government Employee:   “You know you can get a ticket for not having the tag displayed on your windshield.”

Angelic Me:  “It just cracked yesterday  and the first available repair was today.  I will have it inspected and entered into the computer tonight.”

PTGE:  “But you can still get a ticket because it will take a week for the tag to come in the mail.”

AM:   “I’m sure any police officer that stops me will see the receipts and cut me some slack.”

PTGE:  “Well they don’t have to!”

AM:   “Even if I had already had my vehicle inspected, it would not have the sticker today, because I’m getting the new windshield today. I’m sure they will not ticket me.  Especially since they will likely be focusing on actual criminals.”

PTGE:   “You can still get  a ticket!!!! It will be up to the discretion of the officer.”

Not-so Angelic Me:   “You know what, they give me a ticket and I’ll contest it in court. I cannot be expected to have a sticker on a windshield I don’t have yet.”   Thinking to myself:  You’re an idiot!  
Click.

No comments:

Post a Comment