Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Friday, April 29, 2016

Power Browsing

After my iron infusion today I did a quick walk-thru the Baylor Scott & White gift shop, where I overheard a lady, doing her own quick walk-thru, say, "Some people Power Walk--I Power Look."   I loved the phrase and told the speaker I was stealing it. Only, I'm changing it up to make it more reflective of my style.

You see, I Power Browse.

I know--it sounds as if it's an oxymoron--as if the terms are diametrically opposed. How could they possible go together?  Power infers decisiveness, swiftness,  no nonsense action.  Browsing implies a leisurely pace with time conducive of deeper consideration.  But I say I'm a Power Browser because I dart in the store for a quick orderly scan, starting at the perimeter, and circling in to the epicenter. During this scan, I take in the overall picture, but allow myself time to look more deeply at  no more than one or two items that catch my interest, then I dart out again. All the while I'm plotting my imitation of a victorious Douglas MacArthur.

Thinking of MacArthur reminds me of tactics and strategies.  Then it hits me:  Every successful mission, large or small, starts off with reconnaissance.  

Okay, so maybe Power Browsing isn't the best word choice. I think what I really do is Power Reconnaissance.

Yeah, that's it:  I am a practitioner of Power Recon.

No comments:

Post a Comment