Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Sunday, March 31, 2019

Duplicates

Back in the day, I had the video store flag me when I re-rented the same video (for the 6th time).  At one time I kept a list of books I have in my "to read" stack(s), because, I kept buying the same books. Luckily, since books are more memorable, I only re-bought most of the books 3 times.  My memory lapses are not limited to videos and books.  We don't have video stores any longer, and I've long ago lost the book list. 

You know where this is going....

I would think Amazon would alert me (or at least ask me for a review, which would cue me) that I've already purchased this craft book.  It didn't. As a result, I almost bought the same book. Again. The only reason I didn't?

I'm cheap. 

I decided to check a competitor site (Half Price Books). They didn't have it--well, they did, but at full price (which is still half-price, but more than I wanted to pay for this particular craft book). I got sidetracked, looking at reasonably priced kits on Etsy, and never made it back to Amazon.

It's a good thing because the craft book I was about to reorder  arrived in the mail today--all the way from Buckinghamshire. (Less than $5, shipping included--I told you I'm cheap.)

Yeah, I know I could have picked it up at Hobby Lobby and avoided the whole potential repurchase. In fact, Hobby Lobby is where I first saw it. And I normally buy local.  But it really ticks me off to pay $15 plus tax for a 48 page craft book, plus all the supplies--for a single project. But that's not the reason for this post. Neither is the fact that buying second hand deprives the author of the royalties [one of the reasons I only purchase certain authors (my friend Traci Borum) full price from first run bookstores or Amazon]. No, this post has another purpose. 

Since I'm cheap and forgetful, and I no longer have video store clerks to alert me, or lists to reference, and Amazon only reports Prime purchases, I've decided I need to develop an app that will not allow me to purchase duplicates.

Never mind I have no tech appititide or abilities. I am in need of an app that will not allow me to repurchase the same item repeatedly.  This app needs to encompass everything I purchase--not just videos and books:  items from local merchants, art fairs, the Canteen at work.  It also needs to include items I purchase with both cash and credit. 

I know app development will probably require a small outlay. I feel I've crushed it on the research front. But the development might be costly.  Maybe I can sell some of the duplicates for my seed money:  Anyone need  a Mr. Coffee coffee maker (I have 3) or perhaps I can interest you in a lunch crockpot (2)? 

They are all in their original boxes. (You think I'm just embellishing to make you laugh...I'm not.)

Yep, I really need to develop an app that will not allow me to make duplicate purchases.

Unless I over-ride. Because, after all, there are instances where duplicate purchases are acceptable--just not as often as I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment