Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Sunday, January 19, 2020

The Spoiled Rotten Family

The current Tire Ordeal has shed light on a problem I was unaware of until  now.  Or perhaps I was in denial:

Someone at my house is spoiled rotten.

Now, in the past that title went to Bandit. It was a well deserved title. One that Mama accurately described with her pronouncement that, "Bandit is so rotten I can smell him all the way to Florida." That's quite a bit of spoiling.  I took my role as FurMommy seriously and doted on Bandit. The world did not revolve around the sun, it revolved around my FurLessBoy. However, since his passing six weeks ago, the title of Most Spoiled One can no longer be laid at his paws.

I would say the title has been passed on to The Cat...

However, cats are spoiled and entitled by nature. They have staff that wait on their every whim, not human "owners." They decide if they will play or lay. No enticement to do something they don't want to do will be successful. They are the consument Independent Thinker. We could learn a lot from cats. This independance is ingrained in their DNA and can not be counted againt them as being spoiled rotten. Therefore, Moggy is also not the Spoiled Rotten One.

That leaves only one other occupant...

I had an inkling when the loaner Ford gave me for the night, before my insurance provided rental was ready, had an actual key.

That I had to insert in the ignition.

Oh my gosh! You would have thought I had never driven a car before. I looked for the push button and couldn't find it. Even when I realized this key fob has a bit or blade. It took a second, before it finally dawned on me the course of action required was insertion.

The following day I received my rental and my divaness was reinforced. 

Insurance is providing a daily allowance  that is sufficent to meet my travel needs, but not my comfort desires; therefore, I am paying a small daily amount out of pocket for an upgrade so my knees don't creak attempting to enter and exit a low ridding car.

But my divaness doesn't stop there.

The rental SUV has a backup camera and a bladeless key fob; however, no GPS,  only limited voice control, no bluetooth speaking through the radio, no audio text, no lumbar support, no blinged out steering wheel cover, and much missed on a cold morning:  no leather seat warmers.

Yep.  I am spoiled. Rotten.

Mama probably was smelling me, not Bandit, all the way in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment