Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Friday, April 3, 2020

The Mask

So I went to my normal monthly B12 injection today. I was met at the door by a masked woman wearing gloves and a gown, wielding a digital thermometer.  As she took my temp (97.3F as always), she asked the screening questions I answer most mornings to gain entrance to my job at the VA.  She noticed my eyes were watery, and my voice raspy, and since I told her, "yes--but it's just allergies" to the cough question, she booted me to the second line evaluater.

 The Charge Nurse came and ageed with me, it's just allergies.  She said I could sit on the "well" side of the waiting room--which actually had a divider sign between the well and ill sides, and had chairs spaced 6 feet apart. However, I had to wear a mask until I left the clinic. 

 Not a problem. I appreaciate the caution.  Even if I was the only person in the clinic waiting room. Which I was.

 I don't know if they realized what my dentist and dental hygenist know, or if they just picked up the wrong mask, but they gave me a kids mask! (You wouldn't think a big girl like me would have a small mouth but  I DO!!!) Anyway, not only was the mask CUTE!  But it FIT better than the adult masks I use at work!

I wish I knew how to attach the photo to this blog post. If you're one of my FB Friends you can see it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment