Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Friday, September 4, 2020

Summer Tire Chains

Tire chains are not just for icy winter driving. Sometimes they rear their ugly head during the Dog Days of Summer. 

Driving to work the past few days I  heard a thunk with every tire rotation. Because of my vast tire knowledge I figured since the pressure was holding it was probably a bubble that was getting ready to pop. I was trying to hold out until Saturday to have it checked out because I wanted to give the tire guy plenty of time to fix it.

It didn't hold out until Saturday. 

I left work early for my monthly B12 injection today. On the way to the clinic my low tire air icon came on and the sensors told me the problem tire was the front passenger side. The tire hadn't popped as I feared; however, the pressure was dropping. 

Since the tire pressure drop was fluctuating and not a fast straight drop, I figured the tire, and its pressure, would hold long enough for me to make my appointment then double back to the dealership to have it checked out.

It held, but I was going to end up being an end of the day repair after all.  On a Friday.  And a pre-holiday Friday to boot. 

Well, it's not a bubble.  It's also not a repair. 

Yep. It's a replacement.  

Somewhere along my covid-limited travels I picked up a nail.  In the sidewall. Because that's where I pick up all my nails. I guess I really need to stop driving on the sidewalks. Those sidewall nails are almost always irreparable. 

I told the Service Advisor I wanted Michelin tires, not that inferior Hankook that came on the SUV.

Honestly it seems like I  already replaced them, but then I remembered the last thing this SUV was in the shop for was the replacement battery. And I've only had this SUV three years, so I must be thinking about my last SUV. Darn. 

I prefer to replace all tires at one time--or at least by twos on the same axle. I'm having eaves replaced all the way around the house, so tires all the way around the SUV would stretch me thiner than I would be comfortable stretching on this fine payday.  Yep. I spend it as soon as I make it. Even when I try to save it. 

So I told the Service Advisor I needed it replaced, but I would only replace it with Michelin. That's when he told me I have  Michelin on the SUV.  It wasn't crazy after all--better yet--I have replaced all of the tires on this SUV already. 

Well that perked me right up.  

Surely, since I have replaced the tires that came on the SUV, my new tires should still be under warranty. Since the SUV is only three years old, the tires can't be more than a year or two. Tops.  If nothing else, they should prorate the replacement. Besides,  I usually buy Road Hazard  due to the mileage I put on my SUVs. Surely, pro rating and road hazard insurance would take care of a majority of the bill.

The Service Advisor  checked.  

I spent the money on Road Hazard. The replacement is  covered. 😃

Unfortunately, the dealership  does not have the tire in stock. They will  have to order it and have it delivered--and they won't be able to pop it on the rim until Tuesday. 

So, it looks like I will be taking no road trips this  long holiday weekend.

And to add insult to injury, I'm having to run on the donut tire, so I can't drive fast or far.  I'm really teathered to home.  Not even a day trip for this girl. ☹

And because when it rains it pours...it has started raining.  Really.  On my night to work the Covid Tent.  

I need to take a nap. At least the rain is good sleeping weather. And good staying home weather.

On the brighter side, I can make it to work tonight without having to obtain a rental or ask the dealership for another loaner. And the cost of the replacement tire is covered.

All in all it could be a lot worse. 

I'm pleased. Even if I am to be  chained to the homestead for the weekend.

Mabye the weekend weather will clear and TheGirls and I will make a break for freedom and go for a walk.  

Or three.  

Here's to breaking tire chains...

No comments:

Post a Comment