Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Friday, January 22, 2021

Third (Fifth) Time's A Charm

At least I hope this time's a charm for the "pedicure" and "tiara" for #29. 

The first real appointment  (the second after the first late afternoon "emergency" work-in) resulted in a snow day cancelelation and subsequent reschedule. Given the option of one week out, or two, I went with two since #29 had lost its voice, and,  silly me,  in the middle of a pandemic,  I actually entertained thoughts of a holiday roadtrip during the first week.

Number 29, a party-pooping homebody,  vetoed that idea. 

The hoped for road trip did not materialize as 29 refound and raised its voice to a crescendo that rivaled the roar of the loudest aircraft ever built:  the XF-84H.  It was so loud it could be heard 25 miles away, and it's endearing nicknames included "Thunderscreech" and  "Mighty Ear Banger"--the turbo jet, not Number 29

Until Number 29 became its twin.

And we were once again worked-in emergently at the end of the day, too late to do much of anything except reschedual, and introduce drugs to appease Number 29. 

The drugs were effective. Mostly.

At the rescheduled appointed time Number 29 revealed an over abundance of virulent fluid.  After six failed dry-off attempts, and failure of the root-tip to be vizualized on multiple photo shoots (my roots run deep--and apparently curl better than my hair),  we decided on an additional reschedule. 

We were hopeful that this re-reschedule, the fifth appointment, would put an end to the seeminly never ending pedicure, and we could get on with the tiara.

I went home to complete the drugs.

Today was in fact the fifth appiontment, counting the two emergency work-ins, but I'm counting it as the "charming" third actual visit. 

Although it's now filed under the Win column, it was not an easy victory.

I correctly predicted it would take 3 packs to staunch the flow today (we stopped last visit after six packs and no signs of letting up).  And I lost count after ten unsuccessfully attempted x-rays aimed at capturing the entire root on one film,  to ensure insurance understands the problems encountered. In addition to being exceedingly long and curling, my roots are apparently quite camera shy. 

We finally succeeded. 

This time I had to resort to the bite block and multiple applications of the anesthetic--but the root canal (pedicure) is completed.  Finally.  The smaller abscess in a side pocket where I previously lost a chip of tooth near the gumline, and the gyser inside the root canal are both drained and dry.  The temporary crown (tiara) is in place.  The permanent crown impression has been sent off and  its coronation will occur in a couple weeks.  I'd send you a formal invite, but the coronation room is a little too small due to  current pandemic physical distancing limitations. 

Sadly,  the anesthetics wore off--a little too quickly since I was out of pain relievers at home. The dentist offered me a prescription for pain meds, but it wasn't painful enough to take him up on the offer.

However, after the procedure, I did go straight way to Walgreens to replenish my motrin stash. Just in case...



No comments:

Post a Comment