Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Monday, August 9, 2021

My Personal B Slasher Flick

Disclaimer:  Recycling  FaceBook Memory from 2012. 

I survived staring in my very own "B" slasher movie. 

During my recent vacation, I drove all day and arrived at my first nights destination:  an Arizona motel with all king size beds--my choice was between  a "mountain view" in rooms on the front side, or a hot breakfast included with the rooms on the back side of the motel. 

Luckily  I chose the mountain view.  

I used a travel site to reserve my room just six hours before I checked in rather than dealing  directly with the motel, so I was not too alarmed when they didn't have my reservation.  

I also knew the motel was rated 1-2 stars, and would be rather worn and run down.   

However,  I did not expect to be the ONLY guest--and I expected the manager/owners to know how to run my card, as well as know the travel site did not charge me (so they needed to).   I also did not expect "Bubba," their rambunctious Pitt-Lab puppy  to jump up on me and "nuzzle" my neck. Oh, and did I mention my phone had sketchy service? The only reason I could show them my reservation on my iPhone was because it was on the last window I opened--and was still in memory. 

My overactive imagination saw the makings of a really bad slasher movie:  single woman with no access to the outside world, makes a late night arrival and spends the night as the only guest of a remote, run down, motel. The manager/owners that didn't know what they were doing are really impostors  that killed the real manager/owners, and the neck-nuzzling Pitty-Lab  is their people-eating answer to Cujo. The inaccessibility to the outside world is a given in every "B" slasher. 

The difference:  I survived. 

I piled all of my bags on the chair I placed in front of the door before I went to sleep.  Of course, that would not have stopped anyone intent on breaking in--there was a HUGE picture window next to the door--but it made me feel like I was being proactive rather than reactionary--and I didn't talk to the TV like I do when I watch slashers.  :~)

The next day I was able to see just how rundown the place was:  the pool was dry, the flower beds were overgrown, there was trash and broken objects littering the grounds, and the rooms on the backside (meal included) were totally uninhabitable--broken windows, doors ajar, doorknobs missing, etc. and my wonderful mountain view on the front-side was blocked by junker semi. 

My bed was semi-comfy, the fridge ran warm, and the shower ran cold. The room and linens were clean and one towel was actually almost lush. The dining area and lobby were  actually kind of nice and the "bones" of the place could be quite charming and picturesque with a lot of work. But it really was eerie being the only guest and the owners not realizing they needed to charge me...

Not the best place I've stayed--but wonderful material if I ever decide to write a slasher. :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment