Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Saturday, July 16, 2022

2012 Facebook Memory

Ten of the eleven Border Patrol Officers we saw this weekend indicated we were okay and sent us on our way.  I'm afraid my conversations with Officers 5-9, were rather one-sided though. It seemed it was all about me--where I currently live, what I'd  done, where I'd been that day, and where I was headed. That sort of thing.  Officers 5 and 6 displayed the most interest--they even wanted to know where I was born.  I'm just glad they didn't ask the year--a girls gotta have some secrets.  

Officers 1-4 and 11 were only slightly interested, and really didn't engage us much at all.  Officer Ten was a whole different species.  I'll get to Officer Ten in a minute. 

This past weekend Bandit and I went ISO a mystery to solve. While I did not solve the "Marfa Mystery Lights," I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt:  I saw something out of the ordinary. Appropriately, it was Friday 13th.  

The lights  were not as playful in "person" as the lights I saw on the 1990s newscast--but they did play a little bit.  Most stayed around the horizon, but one ventured pretty high up in the night sky. As one light grew brighter, another dimmed. It almost appeared to be a hide-and-seek type game they were playing.  Another light jerked back and forth, and one darted faster than what appeared to be possible:they were the racier lights. I saw no rhyme or reason for any of the movements, but  I saw them--both with my naked eyes, and through the viewing telescopes. 

Could they be some sort of natural gas phenomenon as some have surmised? Absolutely. In fact, that, in reality, is probably what they are. But that theory isn't very fanciful or mysterious, and it certainly wouldn't support any tourist trade. 

Like I said, I didn't solve the mystery, but I'm pretty sure of what they are not.  I'm sure they are not mere headlights or country folk out to dupe city slickers as some have suggested.  And they couldn't be aliens because Bandit and I were not abducted. 

Speaking of aliens, that brings me back to the Border Patrol and Officer Ten. He really was a "10."  He was of German descent.  Highly intelligent, soft spoken, and sharp as a whip. He was a no nonsense kind of guy. No smiles.  No jokes.  A professional in every way. He was what you might call a lean, mean, fighting machine. It was instant attraction for me.  He barley even acknowledged my existence.   A snooty little sniff and he was on his way.  I was deeply offended. I was clearly more interested in him than he was in me--isn't that always my luck?!  But he did give me a thumbs up. 

Actually, he gave me a four paws up and sent me on my way. The dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment