Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm madder than a tightly-wound, nail-spitting, wet-hen, in a hornets nest!

After an extremely stressful day at work, I finally remembered a co-workers recent rave review of an expensive bra she had purchased at the mall, and I decided to stop and check the bras out. I found a style and color I liked, and it fit really well, so I bought it--at twice the cost of the most expensive bra I've ever purchased--and almost three times the cost of my average bra. In the process of purchasing this golden bra, I also signed up for the stores mid-March "Bra Event." Signing up consisted of  supplying the saleslady with my contact information: telephone numbers, snail mail and email addresses, and my name. Since I rarely go to the mall, I thought while I was there I would check out the costume jewelry, hats, and scarves--I'm in the process of looking for the elements of my costume for a Murder Mystery party I'll be attending in the near future.

While browsing, I realized a cop was standing in the ladies accessories section--and he was "watching" me! I have never stolen anything in my life--well okay, I did steal that small brown paper bag that Mama wouldn't-buy-anything-from-the-grocery-store-to-go-inside-it-so-I-could-take-it-home-honestly--but when Mama "discovered" the empty bag under my shirt in the parking lot, she whipped my 5 year-old butt and marched me right back inside to confess my sin to the store manager. Object Lesson learned!!! I never again even thought about taking anything that was not my own. In fact, I buy and use my own office supplies to ensure I don't mistakenly take home a facility pen or paperclip.

My Mama also worked in store security, and she drilled the following into my psyche: never wear bulky or loose fitting clothing when shopping; take off all jewelry prior to playing at a store's jewelry counter; and carry only the essentials when shopping (which means: only your wallet, keys, and phone--leave the purse , heavy/multi-pocketed jackets or coats, as well as any  tote bags etc. in the car).  I  still abide by those guidelines. Additionally, when I do carry a shopping bag, it goes in one hand and any unpaid merchandise I touch or pick up is only touched by my free hand. If an object requires both hands, I place the shopping bag on the counter and step away from the counter/bag before I use both hands on the stores unpaid merchandise. If I am trying on earrings, I hold only one of the pair up to my earlobe rather than actually try it on (I don't want someone else' "ear goo" in my ear--besides,  I'm scatter-brained and I fear becoming distracted and walking out the door with one of their earrings still hanging off my ear).  In short, I give store personnel and security absolutely no reason to ever suspect me. Therefore, when I realized the cop was "watching" me I got really pissed off.

In fact, I was so pissed off, when the bra saleswoman tracked me down--at the jewelry counter three sections away from the lingerie department--to "see if she had given me the flier for the upcoming bra event," I not only opened my bag to show her the flier and the receipt, I seriously considered taking the bra out of the bag, and shaking it with a flourish in the cops face, before placing it on the jewelry counter in his full sight--or better yet--I should have enlisted his assistance in holding the darn thing for me!

However, much as it pained me, I decided to play nice. I smiled and pretended I had no clue that I was being watched, then continued to saunter around the store browsing all sorts of stuff I had no intention of purchasing, and even though I didn't have time or the desire to go mall shopping, I entered the mall to do just that (I was shocked to learn that the Hallmark/Gift store that used to be two stores away is no longer there!). Then, rather than going to the parking lot from another exit point, I walked back to the offending store, and once again sauntered through it fingering all manner of merchandise I had absolutely no interest in, before exiting the store to my car--still fuming.

First, and foremost, I do not steal.
Second, do you really think I'm stupid enough to give store personnel my contact information, set-up a future purchase,  and purchase merchandise today with my credit card (which confirms at least the name I gave the salesperson)--prior to  stealing something from the same store?!  

Hey "Mall Cop," I'm neither dishonest nor stupid--but I am still angry...I think I've cooled down considerably, because I'm no longer tightly wound--correction--I'm no longer as tightly wound.

No comments:

Post a Comment