Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Deer Chicken

I almost meet Potential Suicidal Deer Number Three in the gloaming last evening. I'm nicknaming him Potty, which is rather apropos since that's what I almost did.

Potty was across the roadway from his Travel Companion. I actually saw TC first. He wisely flipped his white tail at me and pounced up the embankment to the safety of the tree line. And when I say pounced, I mean cartoonish pogo-stick pouncing.

At this point I revisit  the questions I always ask myself when Bambi takes me off guard by being a little too close for comfort when the lighting is less than optimal:  Why have I not installed a Deer Whistle?  And second, Would a Deer Whistle emit a high-pitched sound that would hurt Bandit's ears?

Back to the deer:  Potty on the other hand, and on the other side of the road, raised his grazing head and looked directly at me, then looked at TC as if he were judging the distance and speed of the SUV, the distance to his Friend, and calculating his possibilities of safely joining him.

"Don't do it." I said. "You'll lose this contest." I honked my horn and slowed down.

Potty again looked first at me, and then at his Friend.  Then again at me, and again at his Friend. Potty wisely chose to run parallel to the road rather than attempting to cross it.

Knowing we were not out of danger yet, I honked my horn again and slowed even more as I passed TC, who had disappeared deep into the trees.

Up ahead, I noticed Potty had stopped and once again looked at me and the place TC had disappeared into safety.

Unbelievable, I thought, He's still considering trying to beat me across the road!

And again, he looked at me, then the trees, me, the trees. I knew in that instant he was going to try it. I braced myself for impact.

Sure enough, he dashed into the road, and then froze as if he was taken by surprise when he saw me bearing down on him.  I laid on the horn and the only reason he did not become Actual Suicidal Deer Number Three is because I also slammed on my brakes. By this time we were traveling at a crawl--even still, Bandit was almost dislodged from his back seat perch.

So now I have added a third question to my near deer miss repertoire Is this the Deer equivalent to playing the stupid daredevil car game of Chicken?


No comments:

Post a Comment