Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Newest Dream-Twist.

I dream vivid dreams. I always have. As a kid I sleep-talked and sleep-walked.  And from time to time I still do--but now mostly I just dream the actions within the dream. 

There was a period of time when I dreamt the same dream every single night. I did not like this dream--even as a child I knew my choices in the dream were leading me into danger. One day I decided I was going to change the dream. And that night, when things started to go wrong in the dream I told myself, in my dream, "I don't like this. I'm going to stop this and I'm going to do something different."  I knew I was dreaming, but I was determined to change my dream. And I did. The outcome was much more pleasant, and I never had that particular bad dream again. Dreams can be powerful.  But we, even as children in our dream-state, can be more powerful. 

Here are a few of the more interesting characteristics of my dreams:  

On many occasions I have woke myself up giggling, crying, and singing.

I feel pain when I dream--both physical and emotional. I feel stress, terror, pinches, broken teeth, falling sensations--everything I dream. 

My dreams are played out in vivid colors. Bright, sometimes psychedelic, strong colors. Technicolor. 

For a while, I did not see faces--I recognized people more by their personalities than by physical attributes--so a friend who has brown hair and green eyes might appear in my dream as a blue-eyed blonde, but I would know who they were by their kindness, ability to salsa, or whatever is unique to them. But in recent years, I have started dreaming more realistic appearances of my friends--the situations I find myself in continue to be bizarre, totally disjointed, and frequently play out like an episode of "I Love Lucy,"--but my people are more realistic looking. Go figure.  

I also love to analyze my dreams. I can usually find a connection to something from my real life. Sometimes good. Sometimes bad. Always with an interesting dream-twist. 

Tonights dream twist was a bit of a shocker.  Evidently I now dream with an accent.


For some reason I think it was Columbian-Peruvian.  

I'll have to analyze this to find out what it means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment