At 4am Mommy awoke from a dream in which Willie wore a white Stetson. No. It was not a cold sweat. And, no, it was not Duck Dynasty Willie. Nor was it Free Willie the whale. It was Chilly Willy, the shivering cartoon penguin of Mommies childhood. And she was relating.
Mommy attempted to look at the weather icon on her iPhone thinking it must be in the sixties at a minimum (or should that be maximum?) but she had some eyesight difficulties. No, her eyes were not still sleepy. And no, her eyes are not too old for the minuscule iPhone screen--at least not with her readers and the appropriate arm length. Mommies eyesight was blurred--not by tears--but by the condensation caused by the meeting of the outside temp and Mommies personal internal inferno.
In nature, when two totally different temperature fronts collide they can form a hurricane. Luckily that did not occur; however, Bandit used his puppy dog-eyes, and the Hurricane Formation Theory, in his feeble attempt to explain away The Great Shoe Liberation from the Shoe Basket. Unfortunately, he pushed the limit when he tried to link the spontaneous Shoe-Blankie Hoe-Down that occurred when the chair blankie mysteriously joined the shoes in the middle of the floor. Like Lucy, Bandit's got some 'splainin' to do!
However, the blankie did come in handy, although it was just beyond Mommies reach (note to self: teach The BaldOne Boy the limitations of Mommies Reach).
Finally, Mommy saw the temp. Imagine her surprise at learning she too needed a blankie at only 73F! Mommy has become soft (not referring to her personal insulation!) and a tad bit spoiled by the Texas 100s. Mommy, turning into Willy's long-lost icicle twin, finally succumbed and walked the remaining foot to the Hoe-Down, re-corralled the errant shoes, and detained the lightweight blankie.
The NekedBoy that sleeps with Mommy is quite happy now. Mommy is toasty as well. And Chilly Willy and his White Stetson have been banished.
Welcome to the BOMB.
The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...
- My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”
Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)
- Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
- Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
- Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
- Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
- The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)