Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Friday, August 12, 2016

My What's DAT

The Saints may have Who Dat? but I've got What's DAT?

My DAT would be Dream Analysis Time. I'm sure losing at Bunco while eating pizza and brownies had nothing to do with this dream....

It started off at a Woman's Conference (I just played Bunco with 11 other women), during which I looked after an elderly woman less able to get around than me (it's time for another round of shots for my knees so I'm the decrepit one of the group). It was raining out side and, although we were wearing our rain gear during the walk from our cabins to the dinning room (preparedness) her tray was sopping wet so I was drying up the puddles of water (being a caretaker). It was our last night so we were talking about packing and our respective drives home (we talked about recent vacations during Bunco). She and I were the last to leave dinner and I was concerned her cabin was too far away, so I told her to wait there and I would return with my SUV. She spied another woman awaiting a ride and we hitched a ride with the third lady (it's good to have resourceful friends).
The next morning was bright, clear, and hot as the Boys and I pulled away from our cabin (we've had a string of >100F days and I'm ready for the promised rain).  My iPhone rang and I looked at my dash to see who it was.  When I retrained my eyes on the road I realized I was on an unfamiliar road near Bryan-Collage Station (we were talking about BCS at work the other day) and we were fast approaching a river that had overflown the bank. I slammed on my brakes and turned the steering wheel to avoid my front tires entering the floodwaters (Turn Around, Don't Drown). Unfortunately the flash flood had eroded the soil beneath the road and we were swept into the rushing water as the road crumbled (helplessness). 

The next morning was bright, clear, and hot as the Boys and I pulled away from our cabin (we've had a string of >100F days and I'm ready for the promised rain).  My iPhone rang and I looked at my dash to see who it was.  When I retrained my eyes on the road I realized I was on an unfamiliar road near Bryan-Collage Station (we were talking about BCS at work the other day) and we were fast approaching a river that had overflown the bank. I slammed on my brakes and turned the steering wheel to avoid my front tires entering the floodwaters (Turn Around, Don't Drown). Unfortunately the flash flood had eroded the soil beneath the road and we were swept into the rushing water as the road crumbled (helplessness). Fighting down my rising panic, I verbally told myself to "remain calm." Then, while I still had power, I rolled down all the windows, ensuring ample escape opportunities for me and the FurBoys.  Then I unsnapped my seatbelt and turned to the backseat. 

My dreaming mind analyzed my dream and said:  if this is a long road trip Moggy would be in the crate with his bed and litter box. But if this is a short road trip he will be in a carrier on top of the crate and I can just grab the carrier. So in this dream he will be in his carrier. 

And that was when I woke up. 

I've always been analytical, but I usually just feel and see my dreams. In this dream  I'm seeing themes of helplessness, loss (control, physical functionality, the elements etc.). But I'm also seeing flexibility and the ability to formulate new plans in the face of danger, disappointment, and adversity. 
 
That's my take on my DAT

Either that, or I can no longer eat cheese pizza and brownies before I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment