Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Reality vs Perception

I saw a meme today that was profound in its simplicity. Two time lines stating it's too late for a dream.
The first time line is labled "Perception" and the "too late" is about 75% of the way past birth and 25% before death.
The second time line is labeled "Reality" and the too late comment comes after death.
I LOVE this!
I'm reminded of Sarah and Elizabeth becoming moms in their old age (shudder! But to each his/her own.). Or GradMa Moses becoming an Artist (much nicer thought to my way of thinking). Or Seventy year olds  with hopes of completing degrees as Nurses or Lawyers.  Or Parents graduating High School with their Kids. The list goes on and on.
Just think of all the wonderful things the world would have missed out on if these people had allowed their perceptions (or the worlds perceptions for that matter) to stop them from seeking their dream.
When I turned 50,  I gave myself "permission" to do and say, whatever I wanted and travel by myself to a greater extent than ever before. Now, I actually prefer to go to the Theater, shopping, on vacation, etc. by myself. It gives me time to do and see what I want.
I think this year my 60th B-day gift to myself will be to ignore other peoples (and my own) negative or faulty perceptions of what I "should" or "should not" do as a "mature southern woman."  Within reason. 
Think of the speech Shirley McClain's character in "Steel Magnolias" gives when she talks about gardening hats and growing tomatoes because "that's what old southern women DO."  And she didn't even like tomatoes.
I'm talking about giving myself permission to go against the nay-sayers--even if one of them lives inside my own head.
If I suddenly get an itch to go to Law School,  I'll give myself permission to do it even if "they" say I'm too old. (I'm NOT going to go to Law School--I can argue quite well for free). But you know what I'm saying--I'm not going to allow other people (or myself) to stop me from at least trying whatever it is I decide I want to try.
Is every dream possible just because I no longer listen to ney-sayers? Absolutely not! But, that doesn't mean that I (or anyone else) shouldn't at least try to find a way to accomplish a goal if they really want to do something.
I think my parachuting days are past me because of my knees--even after I have them replaced, or Scuba diving for someone after experiencing heart problems--but if we don't even research the possibilities of alternative dreams--we might miss out on some really interesting possibilities.
I'm thinking my retirement job should involve pet-friendly travel--maybe I'll open a pet-friendly travel agency or tour group. Or maybe help transport adoptable pets cross country. One of my dream jobs as a kid was cross country car racing....

No comments:

Post a Comment