Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Over The Top--That's ME!!!! :~)

"OTT" (Over the Top) That's me. Yesterday was Spirit Day at the VA. The theme was "Pet Pride"--right up my alley. I made a modified "PetMum" complete with photo, streamers, and bling. OTT. I also blingged up a photo travel mug. OTT. I also took a Bandit Brag Book (everyday ott). I was set to razzel-dazzle with my awesome baby.


Arrived early to my first meeting. No one remembered Spirit Day. Went to my Ward. No one remembered Spirit Day. Went to my second meeting. No one remembered. Went to lunch and the Canteen (retail store). No one remembered.

In the entire hospital I saw NO ONE that remembered Spirit Day. I take that back--there were several Hawaiian shirts worn--last months Spirit Day theme.

Rather than take my PetMum off (it was pinned to a 3/4 sleeve lightweight Zebra print sweater over a lightweight purple top--picking up the purple and zebra theme of the PetMum--and I was burning up all day!) I wore it all day. It was my Jr High School "Odd Man Out" Dream come to life. Back then I would have been mortified, hidden it, and slunk to t hiding place for myself. Luckily for me I am sooooo much more mature now. ;~)

Not only did I embrace being the only one that remembered--I posed outrageously everytime someone asked about it--and now I'm brag-posting on FB! :~)

Okay, so maybe "mature" was a euphamusim. LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment