Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Sunday, November 23, 2014

There is Only One Acceptable "Just a"

Recently I overheard someone referring to themselves as "just a" and my blood started a slow boil because there is really no such thing as "just a" anything. Even overlooking the spiritual ramifications, which you may or may not believe--you are not a "just a."  You are so much more!

Overlooking the Biblical teachings that we are wonderfully and fearfully made; and that as insignificant as we may be in the grand scheme of things, even the hairs on our head are numbered by the One Who loves us and died for us (sermon over)--you are still so more than "just a!"

If I've left out your particular flavor of "justa," please fill it in:

There is no such thing as "just a" Wife or Mother. You are a HelpMate, SoulMate, Equal Partner, Domestic Diva, Family CEO.

There is no such thing as "just a" Husband or Father.  You are a leader, provider, disciplinarian, lover, example, role model.

You are not "just a" janitor, yard man, garbage collector, sewage treatment worker, therapist, counselor, actor, singer, band member, landlord, farmer, rancher, banker, author, dancer, diplomat, zoo keeper, peace keeper.

You  are not "just a" factory worker, bus driver, train conductor, pilot, veterinarian, computer tech, babysitter, grocery bagger, designer, architect, engineer, sales man, mechanic, preacher, athlete, pharmacist, jeweler.

You are not "just a" police officer, military man/woman, EMT, fire fighter,  truck driver, cowboy, lawyer, judge, yard boy, coach, referee, day care worker, museum curator, artist.

You are not "just a" teacher, cashier, waitstaff, cook, dishwasher, cab driver, secretary, blogger, journalist, photographer, rodeo clown, nurse.

You are a man or woman, who is legally and gainfully employed, a provider, a successful and productive member of society. There is nothing "just a" about that!  You are significant. Someone, somewhere, looks to you. You may not be aware of it, or their admiration--but just because you are unaware of it, does not negate it.

The title of this post is: "There is Only One Acceptable 'Just a.'"So what IS the only acceptable "just a?"

In my book, Three Dog Night sang about it...

"Just an Old-fashioned Love Song." ("...comin' down in three-part harmony.."). And even that was not "just a" love song.

Maybe there really ISN'T a "just a" anything.

facebook.com/marylou.robinson33http://facebook.com/marylou.robinson33

No comments:

Post a Comment