Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Saturday, February 21, 2015

That's How We Roll--Parade Style

Today there was a cute little family of three enjoying the car parade from their own private viewing stand (the corner counter of  In-N-Out  Burgers in Cedar Park).  They caught me off guard, but I recovered my manners and managed to smile and nod at them as I passed by--but, shockingly, I failed to think of showing off Bandit until I was rounding the corner. (I say shockingly because I LOVE to show The BaldOne Boy off every chance I get.) I didn't think it was safe to back up, so I did the unthinkable--I rolled through the drive-thru again! (For anyone unfamiliar with the In-N-Out Drive-thru, it's notoriously long--in southern California last summer I waited at least half and hour--the line was backed up into the street for a block--and it was 10pm!  I couldn't imagine a lunch-time rush.)   

When I told the little girl standing outside to take the orders of those of us not dinning in, what I was up to, she thought I was the one being sweet. 

The boy at the pay window gave me a thumbs up after he verified I was the "roll-through."  And the girl at the pick-up window had a second cup of ice ready for me. I guess she didn't get the message, or maybe she thought I needed more ice. 

As I waited to inch forward, I had plenty of time to contemplate my actions. I began to wonder if my little Family would still be there. And then I started thinking how presumptuous I was--they may not be dog-people. Or they might not be interested in seeing a dog as unique as Bandit. What would they think? Would they even still be there?! Why didn't I think to ask Order Taker Girl if she could get a message to them to wait until the I arrived (without ruining my surprise for them.) 

As they came into view they smiled and waved. Then they laughed as their faces registered recognition. I motioned for them to wait, then called Bandit to the front seat with me. The look of surprize on the little boys face was followed by pure joy as he bounced up and down in his seat. His reaction made the wait worth it.  He was truly appreciative. His Mother mouthed "Thank You" to me and even the diners sitting behind them joined in the waving. 


Everyone loves a parade--especially me when I get to roll in it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment