Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Monday, May 4, 2015

A Second Grey Fox in a Week?!

I saw another grey fox tonight--this one was at the intersection of Adams and Highway 317 (I was on the way to drop off an audio book that was overdue but still within the grace period--I arrived at the Temple Library only to reach for the CDs and realize I turned them in LAST night!). It wasn't a wasted trip though because I was charging my iPhone (my new household charger is no longer working, so I'm back to charging in my car). So I'm taking my time driving one of the back ways in to Temple when an animal darted across the road. 

At first I thought it was a baby deer and it was looking for the Mama--but the gait and color were wrong. Then I thought it was a fox--the grey color was right, but it was really big for a fox--almost the size of a small German Shepard. Plus, it was rather odd that I was seeing a second grey fox in a weeks time. 

I finally realized: it's NOT a fox--it's a coyote! 

I know we have coyotes around here because I hear them howling from time to time but prior to this, the only coyote I'd ever seen before was Wiley E.  And that's fine by me--they eat pets and cart off small babies. 

Okay, the baby thing might be a legend--but I really don't want to encounter one. Especially since it's a full moon. I'm just glad that coyote wasn't a werewolf or a vampire. 

I don't normally think about werewolves or vampires, but a while back I was at Half-Price Books and they had bundles of 5 books for a dollar. Since I only have about 75 unread books in stacks around the house, I picked up three bundles. I think subconsciously I'm going for a "to read list" of 100+  either that, or I just can't pass up a book sale. 

There was only one book I wanted in the bundle I opened up the other day, but I normally buy books at a buck each, so the bundle for a buck meant that's 4 freebies. 

I picked up one of the freebies to take to work to read at lunch. It's not anything I would have ever picked out. But evidentially it's a popular series that was turned into the HBO series "True Blood." The characters are were panthers and vampires and fairies and I don't know what else. The shape-shifters (were panthers etc) change during the full moon. 

Since  the book talks about were panthers...now I'm wondering if there are also were coyotes....


And the iPhone is now up to 62%.  That should be enough to last through the night...as long as I don't play Words With Friends or solitaire or Google were coyotes to see if they exist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment