Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pizza, Paws, and PJs: My Wild Single Friday Night Life.

I was in my PJs (actually a nightie, but it didn't fit the alliteration), and in bed on a Friday night before 9pm. Wahoo!  I've become my Mama. Except I won't awaken at o'dark-thirty to start my day like she will. In fact I had planed on channeling my teenage self and sleeping 'til noon on Saturday.  But I since I fell asleep by 9:15 pm writing this post, I woke up around 00:45 and took Bandit outside to do his business.  After I finish editing, my plan to return to sleep-land, and completing the task of sleeping until noon. On with the p alliteration...

I stopped and had my oil changed at the Ford dealership after work today. Jerome, my Service Consultant, always goes the extra mile to please me. He's awesome. As I was waiting and trying to decide what awesome activity I was going to do tonight, I remembered I really needed to get some bread.  I guess it would be an exciting night at the grocery store. Once I hit the doors at HEB I saw the pizza-by-the slice and realized I hadn't had pizza in a while. I thought if I was still hungry on the way out, I'd pick up a slice. However, first things first: it was grazing time at the free sample tables.
Pickin's were kinda slim tonight. I had a slice of the room temperature San Antonio Roll at the Sushi bar, a piece of toasted ciabatta bread with rather bland oil and dipping spices beside the cooking island, (where you can usually pick up samples of 4-5 items--but the microphoned chefs were on break).  A girl handing out samples of the tenderest pork ever in the meat section rounded out my grazing. Although tender, it again was a tad bit on the bland side with the seasonings.  I know my cold or the new arthritis meds are not effecting my taste buds because the left-over Thai (crispy fried chicken, water chestnuts, and peppers in a brown Thai gravy over sticky rice--the 1414 Signature dish) I took to work for lunch today was yummy--and spicy. After the HEB free-sample grazing my appetite was sufficiently whetted for some spicy pizza. I picked up a slice and a small kale salad from the deli to go with it. The kale salad and the room temperature sushi were the best tasting things I ate for dinner.  I have never had pizza I didn't like. Until now. In fact, this pizza was so bland and just downright icky, I didn't even finish the slice. I have enjoyed styrofoam-tasting rice cakes more.

As for the paws:  Moggy really does have a foot fetish. He terrorizes Bandit by hiding from him and pouncing as Bandit passes--or tapping Bandits paws at random times--like when he's trying to rest or sleep. And Moggy's taken to tapping, pouncing on, sniffing and licking my toes--especially when I'm reading or sleeping with my feet uncovered--basically every night. In fact, he just snuggled up to my left foot, as I'm editing this.   I thought he just liked my vanilla body wash or coconut lotion--until I woke up this morning--and burst out laughing. It seems someone in our house has a wicked sense of humor because I found an empty crushed kitten food can on my left great toe! Before you get freaked out, know this: the can was cleaned out by a certain dog in the house that grabs the can as soon as I get the kitten food out of it, and licks the inside clean, before I take it from him and toss it in the trash can on our way outside so he can do his business. I had assumed same said dog was the one knocking over the trash to get at the thrown away empty cans. But now I'm beginning to wonder if the actual culprit is the rescue kitty with the foot fetish...

I think I should apologize  to Bandit.

No comments:

Post a Comment