Moggy believes anything dangling is fair game to be captured by his paws. He's learning claws are not permitted in the vicinity of skin--neither mine, nor Bandits.
Bandit has learned I will turn a blind eye when Moggy attacks him unprovoked.
I've learned to keep hands on top, and inside, the recliner arms. Evidently, on top of the recliner arms is no longer a safe place for my hands to rest.
Tonight, I was minding my own business when, from out of nowhere, a tiny white paw reached up and tapped my hand. Since no claws were involved I tapped back. We began a cat-n-mouse game over the side-front part of the recliner arm that was quite entertaining--entertaining to me because I was winning. Entertaining to Moggy, because from time to time I would allow him to capture my hand. Moggy just wasn't fast enough to do it on his own.
Until he changed tactics.
All of a sudden not one but two paws and a head came up over the front end on the recliner arm and successfully captured my hand! He looked as surprised as I was. Then he smiled and bit my hand. Not a hard bite. More of a conquering victor playful nip. However, if no claws are allowed, you can be sure no teeth will be allowed either. Not to be out done, I rescued my hand and we continued to play with me being victorious. As it should be.
The Kitten realized he would have to change his attack yet again since he was once again coming up short--all was quiet as he repositioned to launch his next attack. I readied myself.
A white torpedo appeared from behind the recliner. Even though his strategy was good, I was slightly faster and his trajectory was slightly off.
My hand remains free.
Welcome to the BOMB.
The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...
- My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”
Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)
- Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
- Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
- Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
- Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
- The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)