Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Thursday, January 21, 2016

It’s a Small World After All…


This post is part of Think Kit by SmallBox.
January 21, 2016 prompt:  “Strange Encounter:  Share a story about a stranger this year. Was it something you overheard? Someone you accidentally met & bonded with? A funny...or strange coincidence?”

It’s a Small World After All…
The first time I realized we live in a small world, I was in the Fourth Grade. Daddy was career Air Force, but instead of getting to go to lots of exciting places, we were yo-yoed between the panhandles of Texas and Florida. Except one tour. We accompanied him to The Azores, a small chain of islands off the cost of Portugal. I was in Kindergarten. By the Fourth Grade we were bounced back to Eglin AFB. During a Show and Tell I brought something from The Azores. Afterward, one of the boys, who I always thought looked familiar, came over and told me he had been in The Azores the same time. We had been former Kindergarten classmates.  It’s a Small World After All…

A few years ago I went on my first trip to Israel. Our first day we stopped at the Stellar Mairs Church in Haifa. While my fellow travelers and I were oohing and ahing over the paintings on the rotunda ceiling, and Israeli said to us, “You are from Texas, are you not?” 

When we said, “yes.” He asked where. We told him it was a very small town in Central Texas called Belton, and he probably never heard of it. He surprised us by saying he knew exactly where it was—he had been a student at Baylor.  It’s a Small World After All…

My second trip to Israel we stayed at a different hotel. I went to the hotel shops on the way to dinner and one of the Shop Keepers, told me he thought he knew me. We talked and discovered he was an alumni of The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, and while he graduated the year before I attended—he had seen a picture of me in the alumni magazine.  It’s a Small World After All…

More recently, I work at the VA Hospital as a Registered Nurse, Patient Care Coordinator (think Case Manager in the nonVA world). A big part of my job is meeting the Veterans on my ward,  and developing a care plan. I  recently met a guy from a town about 2 hours away. It’s a small town.  I happened to mention one of my Uncles lives there.  Turns out, he not only knew my Uncle—they play cards together from time to time. It’s a Small World After All…

No comments:

Post a Comment