Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Ambitious Plans: Successes and Failures

I may have been a little bit tired last night. Yesterday I had labs drawn for an appointment next week, saw my Primary Care Physician for an injection in one of my knees (I'll return next week for the other), withdrew money from my Credit Unions to put into my checking account (all different towns--none can do external transfers of finds, got a couple things for my Aunt and Uncle in Houston for an up coming trip, sort of cleaned out my SUV (no vacuuming)--again, in preparation of a trip,  finally exchanged Christmas gifts with a friend (we kept missing each other), checked my overflowing mailbox and mailed a package.  I only had three "to do" items left on my list, and I was ahead of the game, so I splurged and got a much needed pedicure. 

Freshly revived (I took a power nap on the massage chair), with pretty toes, I met a friend and promptly locked myself out of my SUV. By the time she took me home, I retrieved the 2nd set of keys, and we returned to her house to unlock my SIB, I was pressed for time. I realized I would not accomplish the remaining tasks so I chose to get an oil change (same upcoming trip--to visit Mama in Florida). I tried to make it to the Vet  with both boys in tow before they closed. I didn't make it, so we went to eat dinner at Sonic. 

By the time I was getting ready for bed I was walking better thanks to the injection. But in my tired state I looked down and saw a bandaid on my knee and, outloud, I asked myself "What's this?  What happened here?!"  I finally remembered the events of the day then started on Facebook. 

I fell asleep mid-post with all the lights blazing. 

I'd say it would get better, but our Float is retiring, so we will either be working overtime or working harder. I had already decided I would start working overtime to replenish my savings, pay off a loan, and pay off my mortgage--but I really prefer the overtime decision to be MY decision and not a necessity.  Besides, the day after I developed my almost suicidal plan to be debt-free except my new SUV (in a ridiculously short amount of time) the lot I wanted, (where the spec house was to be built) that is my favorite houseplan, sold. And it wasn't to me.   

The plan is to still do overtime, beef up the savings, and pay off the loans, but in a much more realistic (aka less suicidal) pace. 

I pray for open and closed doors when I'm faced with big decisions. So I have a peace that this lot/house is not mine. But I'm still disappointed and trying to wait patiently for Gods better plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment