Search This Blog



Welcome to the BOMB.

The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Short and Sweet: I'm a Genius--Albert Einstein Says So!

Looking through photos on my iPad today I came across a photo of Albert Einstein and a statement attributed to him. I wrote a short post about it on my Facebook page, and I'm reposting it here (kind of backwards from what I usually do).   

Reportedly, Albert Einstein once said, "Everyone is a genius."  I love that. I've not read too much about him; however, what I have read paints him as an encourager. Not someone hogging the limelight.  

The remainder of his quote is a paraphrase of what I've said about tests. (Tests only test what the test maker wants you to know. In other words, if you know 97% of all there is to know about the subject, but the test only covers the remaining 3%, then it could appear that you don't know the subject.) 

Mr. Einstein said it this way, "If  you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it is stupid."  

That's the problem with standardized tests and teaching to the test. 

Don't get me wrong, it's great to have a wide knowledge base of facts, but more important are critical thinking and problem solving skills. These skills can be applied to problems long after the rote memory stuff is forgotten. These are skills students likely won't ask, "Is this going to be on the test?" Or, "When am I going to use this?"  

I don't have a closing.  Just a reminder that I'm a genius. Albert says so, so it must be true!  

No comments:

Post a Comment