Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Start-Stop. Start-Stop. Start-Stop.

Start-stop. Start-stop. Start-stop.  That's been my day today. Everything went well at work until I realized I was done and still has a couple of hours to kill. I need to do some education hours so this was perfect. 

Until I attempted to log in to my education account. No matter what I tried, I could not get in. I ended up requesting a new password. Once I successfully accessed my account I started to watch a required video.  It buffered every 7-10 seconds. Did I mention it's a required video?  I gave it three tries. Then I called my supervisor and said, "I'm not doing this."  It's a class they also offer live and in person so she said she would get me (and another coworker experiencing the same difficulties) signed up for the live version next week. That'll work. 

After work I needed to get gas. Of course I picked the pump that clicked off every twenty or thirty cents. I was desperate for gas and had run my card through to fill up, and all the other pumps were two cars deep, so I ended up stop-start, stop-start, stop-start, stopping at $5. It's been decades since I only pumped $5 worth of gas. Of course that was 1977 and it filled up my VW Bug. But at least now I will be able to make a few trips to work and the store. 

While out for dinner I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. Naturally, the dryer I picked had to be held  in the on position with one hand so I could dry the free hand--and then change hands. What's up with all the stop-start, stop-start, stop-start action today?  

In between the times FB has kicked me out today, I've seen a video of a cute little girl putting everything from puppies to baby crocs to sleep within seconds. I'm thinking with my luck tonight I'll be waking up every few minutes or so, which means my sleep could very well be start-stop, start-stop, start-stop. 

I wonder if she makes house calls--I may require her services. :~) 

No comments:

Post a Comment