Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

It's Big Girl Panty Time

Once again, I couldn't sleep,  and it was way too late to pop a pill to put me to sleep, so I took a drive. All by myself. Truely.  Not a car on mainstreat--and nothin' but semi's on the interstate.  

Am I the only one not glued to the TV or some other news spreading device, counting the remaining possibilities for either candidate to win? Or has everyone else gone to bed and are sleeping through the election results and the resulting media sensationalization. I may never know. But I do know this: Change is Hard. And it's really hard for me...

As you may recall I have buried my old  iPhone and gone 'droid (I can not tell you how hard it made me work to drop the an and NOT capitalize the 'droid).

Change is hard. Unless something unforeseen happens in the wee smalls,  we will awaken to a Republican President, House, and Senate.  I can't recall the last time that occurred and I don't care to Google it at this time. "What?! ML's NOT going to Google it?" You might be asking yourselves. Or not. 

Getting back to change being hard--not only will the country be in for some hard changes, but more importantly *I* am in for some hard changes. You see, I hated being held hostage by my iPhone because I don't have a way to download my photos to a non-computer external drive--unless I want to print all 6K+ photos at the Walgreens photo kiosk. Do you want to be the customer behind me?  I don't even want to be the customer behind me in that scenario.  So I promised myself when the iPhone bit the dust, rather than upgrade I would divorce it. 

Apple emancipation  day finally arrived thid past Saturday. As with any breakup, it came with a cost. 

I miss my screen savers of Bandit, and an old photo of Daddy as a kid (my Sister Robin is his spitting image in this photo). But I love the freedom of knowing all my future photos will download directly to my already installed card and my phone can never hold me in bondage again. 

And now that I have storage, I have reinstalled a couple of games I played.  And I finally have the storage to download the Kindle app.  So, even though I have read them, and have autographed copies of the first three books in the Chilton Crosse series written by  my friend, Traci Borum, I downloaded  them. All three of tgem. See, I'm learning and growing and changing. At least I'm attempting new stuff. 
I have photos going to my chippy thingy, and room for apps, life in M'Lou's tech-world is good, right?  Not so fast. 

The larger phone is cramping my wrist, iy doesn't fit into anything I own (clothing pockets, wallet, or purse), and the screen is driving me bonkers. So, I'm gonna have to adjust. 

Just like our country. 

No matter if your candidate won or lost. We ALL have to adjust our big girl and big boy panties and get over this election. 

And if anyone has time after panty-adjusting, I could sure use some 'droid tech-tutoring. I especially want to sync it to my SUV so I can continue to answer my phone hands free--and annoy my friends by talking with them from what sounds like the interior of a tin can on roller skates. 

(I'm losing steam so I'm going to bed sans editing. I see its a Republican sweep--House, Senate, and President. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in some quarters. Not in mine. But we will ALL experience change.)

No comments:

Post a Comment