Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Moggy, The Super Moon, and My Imagination

Moggy hopped in the SUV while I charged my phone. Something white flashed on my dash (I knew it wasn't Moggy because he had claimed Bandits cushion as his own). The flash, was most likely my preoccupied minds acknowledgement of another cars headlights glancing off my windshield; however, my murder-mystry, suspense-thriller mind thought it was  reminiscent of a flapping cape hem and I got a tad bit spooked.  Tapping the door lock, I tossed the SUV into reverse so I could ensure no crouching white-cape-wearing figures lurked between me and the safety of my door.

Moggy was unphased by the thunderous thump-thumpt...thump-thumpt of my wildly racing heart.  I eased out of the driveway for a short acclimation drive--he's getting better. He actually did well this trip. Despite leaving claw marks in both my thighs and dropping down into the floorboard near my left foot.

We stopped to drop off an empty DDP bottle in a lid-less trash can.  Then I decided I really needed to get gas while I was cognizant of the quickly dropping gas gague.

Opening the SUV door at the gas station, exiting, and reentering the SUV didn't phase Moggy. He even played with my hand through the window glass by his (er...Bandits) bed. He didn't attempt the dashboard walk until we returned to our driveway.

Before I opened the door for him, I scooped him up and hugged him. Then I placed him on the ground. I wanted him to associate the exit from the SUV with me releasing him, rather than him escaping. The last time we went for a unrestrained ride, he avoided coming back in the SUV for a couple of days. We'll see how long he avoids it this time.

I needn't have worried about his fragile psyche--I found him lounging on the welcome mat. I laughed. Then told him we should have gone to the dam to take photos of the Super Moon. But this time of the morning I actually have a decent view from my yard.

So, I played with the 'droid and it's camera effects. The Cape-wearing   boogeyman did not appear.

But I did almost fall on my fanny.

A couple of times.

And only once was because a certain white cat wended his way through my legs while I gaped at the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment