No matter what the "experts" and exit polls say, I will exercise my right and responsibility as a United States Citizen to vote. I hope you exercise your right and responsibility and vote as well.
Remember, despite what you think or believe--God is in control. He is. Whether you believe it or not. Whether you believe in Him or not. Our belief, or unbelief, in no way negates Who He is. He can, will, and does, use whomever and whatever He chooses, and He does not need our permission. But more importantly, He can change hearts and minds.
He used the corrupt country of Babylon to discipline Isreal for turning away from Him. He used the unwilling, stuttering Moses to become His mouthpeice and then lead His favored People out of captivity. He used a hot-headed fisherman named Peter to become one of the Pillars of Faith. He used a small boy armed with just a sling-shot to slay an armored giant. He used Esther to save her people. He took Saul, a persecuter of believers, and changed his heart, and renamed him Paul. Speaking of changing hearts, he took the heart of an adulter, who plotted the death of an innocent, and changed him into a man, who remained very flawed, but a man who was also known as "a man after God's own heart."
I'm going to bed now, safe in the knowledge that God is in control.
Tomorrow I will exercise my responsibility, and great privilege, to vote for the flawed candidate I feel is up to the challenge of becoming the most powerful person in the world. I hope that person shares some of my beliefs on matters important to me; however, no matter the outcome, I will remember: God is in control and He does not require my permission to accomplish His will, in the way He sees fit.
Welcome to the BOMB.
The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...
- My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my ten year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”
Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)
- Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
- Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
- Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
- Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
- The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)