Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Sunday, July 26, 2020

Because I'm Brilliant Like That.

I forgot to take my antibiotic with dinner last night.

I'm brilliant like that.

No excuse.  The bottle was sitting right in front of me.  Just like this morning--I'm just now realizing I forgot it again.

Pauses typing to take the stupid pill...Resumes typing. 

Last night, when I finally remembered, it was late.   I needed food with it but didn't want anything heavy, so I reached over to my treat stash and grabbed a couple thumbnail-sized crackers and popped them in my mouth.

They were crunchy but tasted a tad bit stale.

Because I'm brilliant, I grabbed a couple more. 

It was a twofold decision--taste test for freshness and ensure enough food was in my tummy to avoid tummy tear-up with the introduction of the long overdue antibiotic.

Yep. Stale.

I quickly took my pill and washed everything down with some DDP (Diet Dr Pepper).

Good thing I did.

I decided to check the expiration date. Nope. Still good for another 13 months.

So I turned the bag over to see if it was an off brand. Store brands are usually made by the same people in the same factory--they just have different labels. I like store brands.  I'm not so sure of the quality of off-brands and knockoffs. They often taste a little "off" to me.

Nope. Not to worry.  Nationally recognized name brand.

As I started hacking like I was about to toss up a hairball, then and only then,  my brain kicked in...the crackers were Moggy's.

I had taken my pill with, not one--but two,  small servings of catnip treats.  Even after thinking the first serving was a tad bit off. 

Because I'm...meow...brilliant like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment