Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Friday, July 31, 2020

NapDay

Technically it's not really a nap, but yesterday I slept in an hour because I took the day off from work to attend an appointment for an RFA (RadioFrequency Ablation) on my Right Lesser Saphanous Vein. 

Translation: a vein in my right calf was cauterized.

It's a minimally invasive procedure, with some discomfort, but not what I would categorize as pain. I wasn't concerned.

I prepared and premedicated myself as instructed. Prior to the procdedure my blood pressure was 135/76. A little high for me since I usually run 110/70. But still very acceptable. 

After the RFA my BP was much closer to my normal when it registered as 115/70. Perhaps I had been a tad bit anxious after all.

As I considered picking up supplies and prescriptions, a tiny headache started to build. Headache is not a lifethreatening side effect of the procedure or the preprocedure medications, so I powered through.

By the time I arrived home a couple hours later it had  developed  into a full blown headache. I was thankful I had the foresight to take the entire day off to recuperate.

I let Moggy and TheGirls outside for a potty break, then we all pilled into my queen sized bed: me hanging off the edge;  my three free-loaders occupying the sweet spot in the middle. As usual.

We took our first official nap of the day. 

Actually, we "napped" for two hours...it was a good nap, but not long enough to banish the headache, so I closed my eyes.

They remained closed an additional three hours. 

After Nap Number Two, it was time for a potty break and a very late dinner. As has been our custom we ate our dinner outside on the patio. Although we ate very quickly, the sun set before we finished and returned to the coolness inside. 

Translation:  we scarfed it down and returned to the AC.

Back inside, we piled onto the sofa where we...if you thought took nap number three, you would be....wrong!

We actually watched the last ten minutes of To Tell The Truth, a moden revival of a classic game show. 

When the news came on, we took a nap.

LOL!  No we did not. I just wanted to type that.  I merely got ready for bed.  Evidently, Moggy and TheGirls were ready for bed again as well, because they joined me.

So NapDay really only consisted of two naps. Granted, they were not quick power naps. It feels like I've done nothing but sleep all day.

Technically that's pretty close to the truth, but the cadence of Sleep-in, Nap, Nap, Sleep, puts me in the mindset of Duck, Duck, Goose.

And it's a more combersome title that does not roll off the tongue.

Besides, I just like the sound of  "NapDay." 



No comments:

Post a Comment