Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Friday, April 3, 2015

C is for Christ’s Crucifixion (A to Z Blogger Challenge 2015)


Preface: The following blog post contains explicit Christian content. I make no apologies for my belief.

In honor of it being Good Friday, I have written three Haiku (5-7-5 meter poems) about the Cross and what it means to me. Following the haiku is a brief synopsis of what I believe is significance about the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.


i beheld The Lamb
hung on calvary’s cross for me
salvation received

crucified He died
the guarded  sealed tomb emptied
salvation offered

saved by God’s free grace
offered to one and to all
believed and received



Why Jesus’ death on the cross, His burial in a tomb (that was sealed shut and guarded by Roman soldiers so no one could steal His body and claim He had risen from the dead like He claimed He would), and His ultimate resurrection are important to me.

I realized no one is perfect, especially me.
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23 NIV (New International Version)


I also realized that, just like I earn a wage at my job, my sin also earns a “wage”  or consequence. The consequence of being imperfect (sinning) is death—not just a physical death, but also a  spiritual death (which is an eternal separation from God—an eternity in hell).  
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23 NIV


Then I heard about HOPE!  (Re-read the second half of that last verse.) Because God wants to give everyone the gift of eternal life!
"…but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23b


I read in the Old Testament (before Jesus came to earth), that  God expected a blood sacrifice of a perfect animal as a payment to cover the sins of His people. Then I read in the New Testament (after Jesus came to earth) , that because God loves us, He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to live a perfect, sinless life, in order to become the sacrificial payment that covers our sins.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 NIV

“Son though He was, He learned obedience from what He suffered  and, once made perfect, He became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him.” Hebrews 5:8-9NIV


I realized salvation—the forgiveness of sin and the promise to spend eternal life in the presence of God—is a gift—I can never be good enough for it (no one is perfect) . I can never work hard enough or long enough for it (what can replace the life of a Fathers Son?).  Salvation is a gift. Freely given by a loving God.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16NIV

As with any gift, the giver (in this case, God) offered the free gift of salvation to me, and I had a decision to make:  I could accept the gift, or I could reject the gift (waiting to accept the gift “later” is a passive form of rejection).  I chose to accept the gift. So how did I accept the gift?
"If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”  Romans 10:9 NIV

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13NIV

1)      I said Jesus is Lord
2)      I believed that the Biblical account of Jesus being the sacrifice for my sin and coming back to life after He was crucified is true
3)      I prayed (talked to God) and received (accepted) the free gift God offered me.

It’s my hope and prayer that everyone reading this has made this same decision.
Happy Easter! 

Saturday, D will stand for DogWalk (as in the Mighty Texas Dog Walk, which is a fund raiser I love to promote for an organization that takes shelter dogs, trains them to be service dogs, and then gives them free of charge to people with disabilities, effectively saving two lives!) http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment