Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Saturday, April 4, 2015

D is for DogWalk (A to Z Blogging Challenge)

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/Today is Dog Walk Day!  But not just any dog walk.  It's The Mighty Texas Dog Walk!

If you've never been, you've missed out on a fun day that goes to the dogs.

In years past celebrity look-a-likes as well as Hollywood Talent Scouts specializing in providing dogs for the entertainment industry have been in attendance. Along with Beauty Queens, Service Dogs, family pets, and the usual assortment of crazed pet parents, families, Austinites, and people looking for a fun time and free stuff.

Do you like Free Stuff?  Vendors of all kinds (food, travel, arts and crafts, pet-related, etc.) will be there as well--all wanting to shower attendees with free stuff. A LOT of free stuff.

Why is this happening? Because The Mighty Texas Dog Walk is a fund raiser for Service Dogs Inc. They take shelter dogs, train them to be Service Dogs, then give them FREE of charge to people with disabilities. They save and enhance two lives in one fell swoop. Win-Win!

Speaking of winning--there are Genius World Records at stake. Bandit has participated in record winning attempts (and wins) for events like:
   •most dogs walking (you even get a medal at the end)
   •most dogs participating in dog-yoga at the same time.
   •most dogs eating the same treat at the same time.
   •most dogs performing a trick at the same time (held in conjunction with the treat-eating attempt).
   •Although Bandit can't really give to the giant fur-ball goal, he gets misty eyed as he gazes at it longingly--this years goal? Break the record of 201 POUNDS!

You still have time to come out to this pet-friendly, family-friendly event!

What:  The Might Texas Dog Walk
When: Today! 0700-12:00
Where: Auditorium Shores, Austin Texas
Who: Everyone who's Anyone!
Why: Raise awareness and funds for Service Dogs, Inc

And don't forget costumes--human and canine--it IS Austin after all!  This years theme is "Who's Your Hero?"



Read more about Service Dogs, Inc at:  www.servicedogs.org


2 comments:

  1. My dog would finish dead last in a competition like this, He's a good doggie but not the kind that would do well in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Stephen! It's not a race--"I" would be the one to finish dead last in that! It's just a leisurely mile stroll. It's a lot of fun meeting interesting people and raising awareness (and money) for a really great organization.

      Delete