Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

R is for Rondeau (A to Z Blogging Challenge 2015)

Rondeau is a Medieval and Renaissance form of French Poetry.  Depending upon the time-frame and locale it might be 12 to 15 lines. In several forms I found, the first 1to 2 lines are also the refrain.  The refrain was typically repeated a little past halfway and then again at the very last. In one form I found the refrain was the first 1-3 words of the first line--with the rhyme pattern being a double repeat (Aa-bb-aa-ab-bb-aa-A).  But then I found other patterns that alternated (AB-ba-ab-ba-AB-ba-A). The patterns were rather confusing for me. Maybe because my knee pain was causing me to lose my concentration. Or maybe because I sometimes am very concrete and metered. One thing they all seemed to agree in was thus:  Any subject that you choose is absolutely fine.  It really doesn't matter. 

Like I said, the more I looked, the more confused I became. I guess once the poets learned (or wrote) the rules, they set about to breaking them--which is how art grows. Actually, it's how anything grows. So maybe my R is really about Rebellion. 

Rebellion is not a bad thing per se. It's a step toward independence, free-thinking, creation. 

Or maybe my R is about both the Rondeau and Rebellion.  What if I combined them?  

So here is my very own 13-line Rebellion Rondeau pattern:  Aa-bb-ab-Aa-ab-bb-A


Rebellion Rondeau--
Is my poem for you.
Only thirteen lines
With unique pattern rhymes:
Double rhymes times two
Then a split suits me fine.  
Rebellion Rondeau--
A new pattern you'll view. 
At the middle and last line
The Refrain is the glue.
When the patterns combine-
Form a one-of-a-kind-
Rebellion Rondeau--


This blog post is my contribution to the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2015, in which bloggers from around the world representing every skill level and interest, blog every Monday through Saturday during the month of April, using the letters of the alphabet as the inspiration. 
Tomorrow is S.  Right now S stands for sleep






No comments:

Post a Comment