Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

F is for Family, Friends, Facebook and "Finding the Rainbow." (A to Z Blogging Challenge)

Okay, I'm cheating. I couldn't decide so I'm writing short blurbs about each topic…. 

Family
My Family is going to drive me bonkers. Today Mama is having surgery. She lives in Florida and I live in Texas. She didn't want me to be there. She says she doesn't have room and she doesn't want me to have to drive such a long way. I drive it about four times each year. Or I could fly. And there are hotels nearby. I'm frustrated because she's been cagey when I've questioned her about her health. Daddy denied being sick. And then he died last August. He had just turned 80 a couple of months before. She'll be 80 in a couple of months.  The rest of the Family is not speaking to me because we had a fight after Daddy died. As a family we've  never been super close, but we've always stuck together. This new level of dysfunction sucks, especially since I’ve been calling the hospital numbers that Mama gave me and every time the line has been busy. And she’s my texts. She keeps telling me not to worry. But this is exactly the type of situation that makes me bonkers with worry.

Friends
My two largest groups of Friends are School Chums and Church Ladies. The School Chums are further broken down into two groups: High School and College. I'm the youngest of my HS Chums.  I started school a year early and my birthday falls in late November so I was younger than almost everyone in my class. I had a couple of friends in the class after, but most were in the class ahead of me. I've always been a tad bit more serious than my peers. Some might call me an "old soul."  I don't think I am—I'm just responsible and a product of being the eldest child even if I am the youngest socially. However, I am the Old Lady in my College Chum group. I didn't know what I wanted to be when I grew up, so I didn't finish College until I was thirty (I worked several menial jobs in the ensuing years between HS and College). So when my College Chums were starting college, I was missing (aka refusing to attend) my 10 Year Reunion.  At 55, I'm the Baby in my Church Lady group. Most of us play Spades or Liverpool Rummy once a week. We call ourselves the “Spadettes.” We also get together for lunch or movies and the occasional theater production, and have gone on a couple of trips. The location of the game changes from week to week. But the reception by the husbands that are left is usually the same:  a warm greeting, maybe a quick bite of dinner, followed by a retreat into their man cave or man activity. Sometimes they resurface as we adjourn. Sometimes they don't. As our ranks of Widowhood have increased, the hubbies have been replaced by handymen or other family members. A few of the Spadettes are also in the same Bunko group that I like to think of as the “Belton Bunko Babes.”

Facebook
For all the ranting I do about Zucker-boy and his power-hungry grab for the title of Internet Emperor, in which he attempts to tell us that he knows what's technologically best for us, I am grateful for the ability to reconnect with Friends from years past.  It’s funny, but I will frequently have to stop and look at the friends of a contact so I can determine what era I know someone from. It probably doesn’t help that Daddy was in the Air Force and we moved every couple of years.

Finding the Rainbow
Finding the Rainbow (Chilton Crosse Book 2), by Traci Borum's is one of my current reads.  Traci is a friend and I shamelessly plug her novels every chance I get. She writes cozy Women's Fiction without gratuitous sex or violence. Her novels are set in the Cotswold of England and they have a wonderful cozy feeling to them. Her first novel, Painting the Moon had a little family mystery in it as well; however, is not a cozy mystery per se. The Chilton Crosse novels are more about second chances.  Everyone needs a second chance from time to time. It’s nice when we actually get one. Book 3 in the series is Christmas themed and will be released later this year and Book 4 is in the works as well.

Tomorrow is the letter "G" and I have no clue what I'll write about—but I'll try to be less scattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment