Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Monday, February 22, 2016

Freedom Loving Moggy

Last week I gave Moggy his freedom. He wants to be an outside cat and I was tired of fighting it.  I can't continue to protect him from the Big Bad World if he's intent to putting himself out there.

Every morning he escapes, stays out while I'm at work, and returns--usually running to greet me when I arrive after work, but sometimes waiting until Bandit and I go out at 10pm. Thursday  he didn't come back. I decided to accept this and not worry myself sick about his whereabouts.

I wasn't exactly successful not worrying. But I limited my worry time to the time I actively searched for him. Then I limited the active search time. I called his name each time I was outside and I looked at a few of the places he likes to rest.  Moggy was nowhere to be found.  Bandit and I made a trip around the neighborhood to make sure he wasn't hurt by the side of the road. Still no Moggy. We went back inside and I forced myself to settle in for the night.

I dozed in a fitful sleep peppered with dreams of hurt animals and helplessness--both mine and my dream characters. About 2:30am I was awakened by the sound of a horrible cat fight. I shoved on a pair of shoes and went outside to see if I could find Moggy. The neighbors cat was slinking away but Moggy was not to be found. I called his name quietly and looked in the neighbors yard as well as I could--they are new and I didn't care to meet them looking for all the world like a Peeping Tomasina, in the wee hours of the morning, wearing only my nightgown. They have plenty of time to learn my eccentricities.

I looked in a couple other neighbors yards as well.  Nothing. I finally went back to bed.

Around 4am Moggy showed up. Not bloody or hurt as I had feared.  Maybe he observed the cat fight between two other cats; however, the next morning he stayed inside rather than rushing to escape into the world after his breakfast.  Perhaps he was in the cat fight after all...

This weekend I watched Moggy jump into a crouch when he heard an unexpected noise outside of his line of sight. It was not a playful "I'm getting ready to pounce on Bandit" crouch, but rather the scared slink of a "fright or flight" crouch. Soon thereafter, he came to me for a little scratch under his chin. That's when I noticed a little knot on his head and a place near his eye.  Still no blood. But definite evidence he has, in fact, been in a brawl.

I monitored him over the weekend--he won't let me check out the knot--it's a little matted so there may be a slight hematoma or dried blood under the fur.  Moggy has exhibited no neuro symptoms, no nausea or vomiting, no active bleeding, no guarding of tender internal organs, etc.  He's tolerating his diet, his bowel and bladder function remain intact, and he's moving without difficulties. I'm pretty sure the  cat fight did not result in a major trauma or concussion.  He appears subdued, but not majorly worse for wear.

However, Moggy stayed close the rest of the weekend. He ventured out, but returned pretty quick each day.  He was also a little less antagonistic towards Bandit. Perhaps he had tried his aggressive play on the other cat and got put in his place. Or perhaps a territory fight ensued. I probably will never know.

I wondered if Moggy would venture out this morning. I needn't have feared, As I left for work, I spied him watching the world from atop the privacy fence.

When I returned this evening Moggy also returned--meowing to slow my steps until he had arrived as I was getting ready to open the door. Smart cat. He's trained me well in less than a week of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment