Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Monday, February 29, 2016

New Resident Orientation


Years ago, before this all began, no one told me that once a month, I would become homicidal, experience mood swings, and develop intolerances/shortened fuses—especially toward stupidity.   But here it is—the time of the month I dread:

New Resident Rotation. 

Yes, today is the day I began to get to know my new Residents, and they began to get to know me.

Two of the little darlin’s  came to within a DDP of being sent to a fiery place south of here today—and I don’t mean South America.  In recognition of this, I have  composed an Open Letter to my Residents.


Dear Residents~
Congratulations!  You have achieved much in your young lives. I am you Patient Care Coordinator (in nonVA-land I am comparable to a Case Manager).  I can make your month-long rotation through my ward, one of intensely gratified learning, or it can become your living nightmare. The choice is ultimately up to you. 

I’d like to take this opportunity to explain to you why I don’t call you  by your first name as you insist on introducing yourself, and to share three truths with you. 

First,  I call you Dr. (insert your last name) as an outward sign of my respect for you. Not because I am your “handmaiden” (I am not), but because you have worked hard for that title and distinction.  By refusing to call you Johnny-Bob  or Sally-Anne, I am bestowing upon you the honor and respect you deserve.

And now for the truths:
Truth #1:  You have forgotten more about medicine and the human body than I have learned.  I would take my hat off to you, if I wore one. That is an accomplishment. Well done.

Truth #2:  Although you are a physician, your orders will not always be blindly followed. Especially here at the VA—where, in addition to your order, you  may also be required to have the agreement of a consulting service in order to obtain what you feel your patient needs. Sorry, but even though some of you think your title of physician is synonymous with God, it is not.

Truth #3 (and this is one you should seriously consider heeding):  I know VA policies and how to accomplish what you want within VA-land. It’s not like nonVA-land. Change here takes an act of Congress. Literally. Therefore, when I tell you what the process is, don’t attempt to circumvent the process. Don’t argue with me about the process. Don’t ask me four (4) times in a matter of minutes as if you believe the process has changed. And especially don’t think you can wear me down and I will relent and give in to your demand—if I relent and do it your incorrect way, you will not succeed in obtaining the needed service or evaluation for our patient (see above for the reason the process has not changed in the last decade, let alone the last hour).  Please, just follow the process as I have outlined it for you. You  will be happier. Your patient will received the evaluation or service he qualifies for and needs. And I will not have to resort to killing you and disposing of your body. I’m running out of ideas. And DDPs

Sincerely,
Mary Lou  








No comments:

Post a Comment