Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Friday, February 19, 2016

The Great Cool Weather Apparel Migration


And it so begins: The Great Cool Weather Apparel Migration.

The migration is an annual phenomenon in which normally docile sweaters, light-weight coats and jackets,  gloves, hats,  wraps and scarfs of all weights and sizes exert their independence.  Yes,  even as we work long hours to supply them with laundry detergent, fabric softener, or dry cleaning, the ungrateful apparel dare to plot their exodus.

Oh, they might appear to meekly accompany us to work in the chill of the morning. However, make no mistake about it, they have observed their Sock Cousins and will bail on us at the first hint of warm weather.

It begins innocently enough.  A scarf or wrap, carried on the arm rather than worn,  is left at work or in the SUV on a frost-free evening.  It progresses to a  missing hat or singleton glove a day or two later. Before you realize what has transpired, you go to your Coat Closet and note your favorite hoodie is MIA. You assume it’s in the dirty clothes hamper awaiting Laundry Day. But it’s not.  The mornings and afternoons continue in the  warming trend and thoughts of hoodies and gloves are replaced with frantic calls to the spa for long neglected waxings and pedicures.  

However, the weather is like a fickle woman who changes her mind often.  After the threat of frost is past, an unusually  brisk Nor’Easter  prompts a return visit to the Coat Closet. This time the Coat Closet appears noticeably less congested—not only is the favorite hoodie missing, so are three coats, a jacket, two hats, six scarves, a pair woolen gloves, and a singleton of the extravagantly priced leather gloves, bought on sale with a Birthday Gift Card, and only worn once.   The singleton is found, bloated beyond recognition, the morning after a monsoon.  A Google search ensues on how to repair the damage.  The glove is blocked with absorbent towels, and left to air dry for several days.

To complicate matters, Laundry Day has come and gone, the hamper stands forlorn and empty, and the hoodie, and remaining missing items have not been located. 

Where could everything be?  Is a question that perplexes  sweater owners through the ages. That,  and Where did the sock-mate go?  But that’s the topic for another post, another day.  Now I’m off to corral my miscellaneous cool weather apparel—most of which have escaped and migrated to my SUV or office.

No comments:

Post a Comment