Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Monday, February 15, 2016

Georgetown Intersections

I almost died twice today. Okay, it was really only once and the other time was really just almost a fender bender. They both involved Georgetown intersections.

The first intersection was inside a shopping center. We were at a four-way stop. Everyone politely waited their turn. Finally, it was my turn. As I started to make my left-hand turn, the woman on my right ran through her stop sign and cut me off. She was inches away from hitting me. Had she hit me, it would have damaged my SUV; however, I likely would have been spared injury. I breathed a prayer of thanksgiving for safety.

I went on my way and had a great day shopping at two of my favorite HalfPrice Books. At the first, I found a bundle of 4 books for $2 and another book for $1. The girl at the counter was really trying to increase their email data base. I told her I was already in, but she acted like she didn't believe me since I wasn't using my 20% off email coupon. I tried to explain to her 20% of $3 is $0.60.  I finally succumbed and used the coupon to make her happy. So my 5 books cost me $2.40 plus tax.

Driving around I found a Bed Bath and Beyond and went inside to see if they have different colored  handles for the large insulated Tervis glasses.  They didn't.  But, they did have a really cute Oh the Places You'll Go glass. It's my favorite Dr. Seuss book (as an adult--my favorite as a kid was  Green Eggs and Ham). 

I decided to go to one more HalfPrice Books before I tried to decide on what I was hungry for.  No bundles at the second store. But I did find five individual books for $1 each. And again the counter help insisted I use the coupon to prove I was in fact on their list. So my five books cost $4 and tax.

All in all, $27 for a large Tervis and 10 books.  Not bad.

I thought I might eat at the Monument Cafe on the way back through Georgetown, but when I drove through an intersection, a black F350 came barrelling through his red light and slammed on his screeching breaks.  He was so close to slamming into me, if I had backed up, I would have torn my driver side-mirror off.  If his breaks had failed or his tires had lost traction, I have no doubt, I would have ended up in the hospital and my SUV would have been totalled. As it was, it was the second time today I breathed a prayer of thanksgiving for safety. I'm thinking my guardian angel is deserving of a raise--or at least a vacation.

Now I'm home, Moggy has been fed, Bandit has been outside, and I'm going to read a little before bed. I'm thankful to be home safe and  sound.

It's a dangerous scary world out  there--especially the Georgetown intersections.

No comments:

Post a Comment