Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Life Lesson From The Girls

The Girls of course are my Mother and Daughter, dose of Double Trouble,  AKC Champion Hairy Hairless Chinese Cresteds: Kenzie (Mom) and KatiE (Daughter). 

Although Bandit, my True Hairless Chinese Crested was a tad bit prissy--he really disliked dirt--The Girls put the capital in Diva. And their prissiness has never been more apparent than after a visit to the groomers.

I thought the extra hair they've been sporting since the last professional groom was unwelcome and hot. It was so long it was curling.  The straighter hair on their crest (head),  plume (tip of the tail),  socks (feet), and the fringe on the ears, meeting the curls where they should be hairless, made them kind of scruffy looking. I really couldn't call them my Show Girls--well I could, but people would think I'm living in their past glory days at best--or downright delusional. Truthfully, their Best In Show and AKC Retired Champion titles should be evident--not something that requires explanation.  

But more than their looks, their personalities seemed to shine a little dimmer with the extra hair.

It seemed like they felt they are a little bit less special than they are. 

I also thought they might be hot since they spent less time outside, and more in the air conditioning lying on the cool floor tiles. Or maybe the blues set in--blues as in depression, not blues as in cool tunes--since their gait seemed a little less springy. Although, when I pulled out the tandum leash their bounce picked up a tad. They like going out on walkies.

But the bounce they would get for a simple walk is nothing like the spring in their step today! In fact, all night long, after their day at the Doggie Spa (just the groomers)  they pranced around the house. When they went outside to go potty, they did their normal racing around--with plumes flying in the wind current they created, but after they tuckered out some, they still managed to strut around the yard. And I do mean strut--just like they did when they were in the show ring.

The Girls have taught me a valuable life lesson:
Occassional pampering is good for the attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment