Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Overreaction--Or Stranger Danger?

Growing up Mama drilled us over and over to ensure we understood the dangers of the world.  Maybe I watch entirely too many crime dramas. Or maybe I learned the lessons a little too well--if that's possible--I mean, not  every  stranger is dangerous. And not everyone offering "free candy" has nefarious motives...right?

Today was a beautiful day for running errands. I wasn't expecting anything to go wrong. 

But I got off to a late start--that's normal for me.

Then I took the wrong insurance card to get my SUV inspected--maybe not normal, but not all together unexpected.

Frustrated beyond belief, I found every card going back to my past SUV.  

I also had the card for the upcoming period which starts on Monday. I just couldn't find the card that proves I have coverage today.

I even checked the emails downloads, and photos on my phone since I have started trying to keep a digital copy handy due to my propensity to misplace the copy I make for my wallet.

And the copy for the file folder I keep in my glove compartment.

And the copy for organizer that used to wrap around the sunvisor. I'm pretty sure I tossed the organizer when the Texas heat relaxed the elastic years ago but when I make my copies, I forget I no longer use the visor organizer and make a copy for it. With all those copies, you'd think at least one would make its way into my SUV or desk file at home. 

Not on this day. 

By the time  I finally found the policy with the correct dates, I was frazzled--the guys at the Ford Dealership didn't even have to remind me of their courtesy fridge--I went straight for the Diet Dr Pepper I desperately needed to calm my nerves. Then I settled in for a short read in my current legal thriller.

It was a very short read.

Since they extended their Saturday hours and moved into their new garage, I rarely have time to drink all of my DDP. In the past, I've powered through at least two each visit. They may have resorted to hiring more mechanics and techs just to keep their DDP bill down. 

Even with the late start, and the time spent finding the correct insurance policy, I still had time to run another couple errands.

However, when I arrived at WalMart the parking lot was jam packed. The DDP wasn't fortifying me enough to face that crowd.

So I took my book to a very early dinner. Or very late lunch. I'm not sure what the afternoon equivalent of brunch is, but at Denny's or IHOP my meal time would have qualified for the Early Bird Geezer Special.

Immersed in my book, I was caught off guard when he surprized me with his quiet stealthliness.

In fact, I may have startled a little.

And gasped out loud. 

Okay, truth be known, my shriek could have awakened the residents of a nearby cemetary. 

But I feel my reaction was totally justified--who could blame me? I was not expecting any one to materialize from out of no where just behind my left shoulder.

What well intentioned person sneaks up on someone from their blind spot?!

Still, I may have over reacted a tad bit when the candy bearing gorilla appeared at my window at Sonic.

After all, it is Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment