Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Sunday, April 1, 2018

A is for Amazing: A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018

Well, I've done it again.  I've signed up for the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018. I first participated a couple years ago when I stumbled upon the challenge--the day it started.  I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I just knew I wanted to write more, and felt the accountability of a month long challenge might get me into the habit of writing more consistently.
During that challenge, my on-again-off-again blog began to be read by a couple people, and even gained the first follower.   I  was thrilled a total stranger wanted to read what I wrote enough to follow the blog. And I was  terrified. Most of what I write about is drival. How could I make it interesting to anyone else? My blog posts are like Seinfeld--a whole lotta words 'bout nuthin'.
Back then my blog posts were mostly centered around my spoiled rotten Chinese Crested, Bandit. IMHO he could do no wrong. Even when he did.  Today, although we have aged a few years his rotten-ness,  and my blindness to his faults, remain unchanged.
However, the  blog posts have  branched out a little.  Since then we've rescued a Domestic Short Haired cat, Moggy. You would think a rescue would be grateful. He's not. He's got an entitlement attitude.  Since I tend to spoil The Boys I can deal with that.  What I won't allow are his antagonistic shenanigans and fight picking against Bandit The Perfect. I've had "the talk" with Moggy several times. He merely flicks his tail, stares me down, then bites me before scampering just outside the reach of the short arm of the Mommy.  Where's a long armed officer of the law when you need one?  Moggy's not afraid of being homeless again. However,  he does clear my path and runs for cover when he hears The Mommy Voice. 
Although I frequently entertain readers with the riviting stories of The FurBoy antics, I also put pen and ink to innane musings about loftier topics.  Nothing too  controversial mind you--but I occassionally write about politics, religion, relationships gone bad, and sex--you know, safe, non-button-pushing, first-date type topics. 
LOL. Rest easy, those heavyweight topics are far and few between on my blog. When I'm in a reflective mood I post a warning so readers aren't blindsided. If light and fluffy is what you want and expect, I want you to return and be happy reading my nothing posts.  Remember, it's the Seinfield of blogs.
So here I am participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018. Appropriately,  I signed up in the wee small hours of April Fools Day.  I know a little bit more than last time, but not much--and right off the bat, the first topic is, "A is for Amazing."
I'll reiterate: my blog posts are about everyday nothing--they are no way amazing. Like The Bard,  I write to the cadence of my own lexicon, making up words and employing creative spelling. Unlike ol' Will,  my words are not lyrical and will have no staying power. They will have no social impact.  My words will  not be taught in Creative Writing, Contemporary American Lit, or Honors English--although they might make it into Remedial English as examples of "What Not To Do."
Content-wise and technically my blog is average at best. Having  proclaimed this, the pressure to be amazing is now bannished and I can enjoy an amazing a2z month.
Actually,  that's  what's amazing--the Challenge. The growth in wordsmithery. The reading of other blogs. The community of encouragement, despite the auto correct typos I will fail to see until after I've published--no matter how many times I proof-read. These are just a few of the amazingness that is the A 2 Z Blogging  Challenge.
So  I raise my pen and proclaim "Happy blogging to everyone participating--or just lurking and reading.  May we all have an amazing month!"
Who knows, maybe I'll double my 40-ish readersip and even gain a second follower. Now that would be amazing.

2 comments:

  1. I think we are twins born to different mothers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Patricia--I take that as a compliment for me (and a condolence for you on the technology front).

      Delete