Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Saturday, April 21, 2018

The Q-word: A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018

I'm not superstitious about black cats crossing my path, walking under ladders, the relationship of broken mirrors or open umbrellas and luck, or even most other things....I  even like Friday the 13ths--most of the time.

However, I do have a healthy respect  for full moons and the Q-word.

Psych Wards, Emergency Rooms, and Labor and Delivery all see a rise in activity during the full moon. It has something to do with  the gravitational pull of the moon or tidal waves, or something scientific.

Saying the Q-word has a similar effect, only it has no  scientific basis, and it's not limited by dates, time, or  the aforementioned hospital areas.

I have never said, or heard someone say, the Q-word without also watching plans falter, stable patients crash, and every piece of technology either go bonkers, or worse--freezing--incapacitating everyone and everything relying on it.

I have been known to scold educate total strangers who use the Q-word in my presence, on my Ward. The scoffers soon learn. Sometimes they learn right away. For others, it takes a few times uttering the Q-word and reaping the consequences of  really bad days, before they learn the connection.

But eventually they learn.

I think the Q-word phenomena is isolated to the hospital.  I hope it is.  Listening to a local Traffic Report I've frozen in my tracks and actually shuddered and winced when the Q-word was used to describe the morning commutes on Highway 190 and Interstate 35. Both highways are problematic on good days. It's so bad, TexDOT, in the guise of I-35, has taken out billboards telling us, "You're going to love me when I'm done."   I laughed outright and told the billboard to prove it to me.

That was several years ago. The construction congestion continues. And the new sections of roadway are already showing signs of wear and tear in need of repair.

It.will.never.end.

For instance, Highway 190 is almost always slowed by accidents--many of which are deadly.   And I-35, along with most of the surrounding streets, is in constant construction congestion, complicated by accidents, and flooding.

I really have to wonder at the intelligence behind performing all needed road work on all the major roads in the city at the same time--in addition to coinciding with the highway construction.

I avoid the highways and construction laden roads and take the long scenic route to work. I only have to contend with slowpokes, and two-lane no-passing zones.  If road construction begins on my route, or the Traffic Reporters start using the Q-word in conjunction with it, I may have to helicopter in to work.

No use tempting fate.



No comments:

Post a Comment