Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

E is for Everything and Everybody: A to Z Blogger Challenge 2018

I'm still playing BlogChallenge CatchUp.  Using the A2Z Blog Challenge Team prompt, here is the post I should have written Thursday....

E is for Everything and Everybody.

Everything and Everybody sounds all-inclusive.  Unfortunately I've yet to see anything or anybody truely all-inclusive.

Liberals say, "Be tolerant" of everything. Yet they don't tolerate a mindset or moral code different from their own. I'm not judging whether they are right or wrong.  I'm just sayin' they aren't as tolerant as they expect others to be.

But liberals aren't the only ones.

Christians say, "Come as you are--everybody is welcome." Then they teach change. Again, I'm not saying change is not warranted--I believe it is warranted.  But the desire to change comes from the conviction our spirit feels from the prompting of the Holy Spirit, not other people.

We say everything and everybody,  but we don't really believe in inclusiveness. That would mean the abolishment  of cliques and hierarchies.

It would mean I believed your way of thinking is just as good as mine.

It would also mean you belived my way of thinking is just as good as yours.  

I just don't see that happening.  I think what we really mean when we say everything and everybody, is:  everything and everybody--as long as they line up with what I believe.   

We may think we are inclusive, but we are not.  We may not mean to be judgemental. We may not even realize we are judgemental, but we are.

Will there ever be a day when E really is all-inclusive?  And do we really want it...



No comments:

Post a Comment