Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Monday, April 2, 2018

B is for Beginning: A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018

"B" is for beginning, or,  in my case, "B" is for  boo-boo.

Shocking as it may seem I am fallible:  In my haste to register for the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018, I made a mistake. A boo-boo.

I'll tell you I didn't read the instructions because I was trying to register before the A2Z registration link expired.  My registration rank of #696 out of 697 registrants would bear that statement out.

However, truth be known, I rarely read tech instructions--even when I have the time. They frustrate me. They give me a headache.  They use words and terms that mean nothing to me.  In Nursing Diagnosis, I have a Knowledge Deficit related to Technology. And, although it's part of my job as an RN  I don't care to develop a care plan to address it.

In my rush to register I mistakenly thought the initial post prompt was:  A for Awesome.
Desiring  to get ahead of the upcoming Monday post, I spent the better part of Sunday afternoon looking for the prompt list for the remaining days of this month-long challenge.

There isn't one. 

There is a calendar with the daily post links. But neither the calendar nor the daily links say what the prompt is for the letter each day.  When I finally broke down and read the directions, I learned  there are no prompts supplied other than the letter of the day. 

I may choose my own theme for the challenge, and my theme plus the letter of the day, is my prompt. Or, I may  chose no theme at all, and that case, the letter of the day alone is my prompt.

What I mistook for the prompt of the day, was actually part of the title for the A2Z Team post.

Since I've begun the challenge without choosing a theme, and I have too many interests that I could choose from as my theme, I'm choosing to not choose my own theme at all.  

Instead, I'm makeing up my own rules. I plan on continuing to use the daily prompt word or phrase of the A2Z Team as my daily writing inspiration--at least as long as their prompts work for me.

At this point, I feel I must provide a disclaimer:

I am in no way part of the A2Z Challenge
Team. Please do not judge them by my posts.

Getting back to their "B" prompt of Beginnings, I have crafted  a haiku about beginnings. I realize haiku starts with the letter "H" but when you read my haiku on beginnings, you'll notice it's a bad-haiku. Bad-haiku is my specialty.  So haiku  really starts with a "B"--at least in my world.

Besides the letter "B" what do beginnings, boo-boos, and bad-haiku all have in common?

Me.

I say that in jest. But it's also true--and I'm okay with it.  When it comes to tech-stuff I'm a boo-boo rich environment. But it doesn't stop me from blogging. 

And when it comes to haiku, I love the 5-7-5 form, but I don't understand the seasonal reference rule.  But that doesn't stop me from writing bad-haiku. 

In fact, bad-haiku is my crack. I'm a bad-haiku addict. When I read or hear a 5-7-5 rhythm, I start counting syllables--and I count them for days. Subconsciously I craft responses in 5-7-5.

the rhythym got me
haiku  replies in my head
i cant make them stop


(That wasn't it--it was just a 5-7-5.)

Here it is...

thirty days to post
bloggers baring heart and soul
blooming in their craft

And because I'm me, here's another...

a to z  challenge
writers blogging every day
giving life to words

(I warned you, once I start I have a hard time stopping.)

3 comments:

  1. Nice haiku. I don't do theme, just whatever comes up. Good luck with the challenge
    Susanne Living the Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. Hopefully tonight I'll get a chance to sit down and read some blogs--yours is on the list. Love the title.

      Delete
  2. LOL! Boo-boos happen! Glad you're making the best of things :)

    Welcome to A to Z!

    Anna @ Deeply Shallow

    ReplyDelete