Search This Blog

Pages

The BOMB

Welcome to the BOMB.



The Blog Of the "Mother" of Bandit.
Bandit is my Hairless Chinese Crested--he's the "normal" one. I, on the other hand, am unrepentantly "pet-crazy." You know the type--the spinster who lives in the haunted house three blocks over with 72 cats...okay, so I don't have 72 cats, and my house isn't haunted--but my dogs wardrobe is better than mine! Need I say more? :~)
I've never been consistant at journaling, so the timing of my blogs will be sporadic at best. I just hope they are as entertaining to you as they are to me; however, be forewarned: Most of my blogs will be about The BaldOne. In spite of his Don King "do," I think he's just as cute as any of the Brothers B!
Now, if I can just remember not to get him wet--or feed him after midnight...

About Me

My photo
My bags are packed and I'm always ready to seek out an adventure with Bandit and Moggy in tow. Bandit is my thirteen year old Chinese Crested, who I frequently call The Bald One or The BaldOne Boy (like he was one of the Baldwin Brothers). Moggy’s full name is Pip-Moggy. He’s my two year old gansta-resuce kitty. I couldn’t decide between Pip (which are the spots on die and domino tiles) and Moggy (or Moggie when I mistakenly thought he was a she), so I combined the two. Moggy refers to the British term for "cat of unknown parentage .” So in essence, I have an almost bald dog, and I’ve named my cat “Spot.”

Fun Stuff (I'm doing now or have done)

  • Artistic Attempts weekly (alternating between Painting With A Twist, That Art Place, and Peniot's Palette).
  • Bunko with the Belton Bunko Babes monthly.
  • Participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge.
  • Spades and Liverpool Rummy with the Spadetts weekly.
  • The Mighty Texas Dog Walk, Austin (fund raiser for Service Dogs, Inc--they train shelter dogs to be Service Dogs, then give them free of charge to people with disabilities.)

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

F is for Friday! A to Z Blogging Challenge 2018

F is for Friday! Five days late. Yep. I still haven't caught up. Getting behind just one day in the A2Z Blogging Challenge can snowball out of control.

Friday was an interesting day. I usually refer to Friday as Dump Day.  It's the day most of  the providers seem to favor for discharging the patients. My Ward has the highest patient flow any day of the week, and Friday's are no exception. 

Part of my job is to foresee potential  roadbkocks to discharge and fix them.  Even when I ask point blank questions, and I'm given point blank answers, curve balls still manage to be pitched at me every discharge day of the week.  Especially Friday.  Although, since I've been preemptively striking the most common roadblocks, the average length of stay on my Ward had dropped dramatically.

This past Friday, for once, everything fell into place beautifully.  No curve balls. No surprises. It was a good thing. It was my B12 Friday.

Once a month I have to have a B12 injection. I could self-administer them; however, I choose to use sick leave and schedule it at the end of the workday on the First Friday of the month.  That way, at least once a month I am assured of leaving work at a decent time. Because the sheer volume of work is so heavy, I almost always work an hour or more over-time every day.  Actually, anything less than 2 or 3 hours overtime still feels like a short day. 

Friday was a First Friday and we were cookin' with gas. The puzzle peices were clicking into place.  As Tony the Tiger says, it was a "grrrreat day!"

Until 10:45 am.

That's when we have our daily Interdisiplany Team Meeting.  During IDT the various disciplines discuss the progress of each patient, the road blocks to care and discharge disposition, and predict more formal  discharge dates.

Last Friday it all ground to a screeching  halt when my favorite doctor and I could not seem to communicate. She asked how to accomplish a specific task over the weekend, with limited weekend resources. I told her what to do. She did not want to do it. I reiterated the process. She again voiced resistance. Finally, I decided to allow her to attempt it her way and I stopped talking. When I stop talking, everyone knows I'm not pleased.

Later in the day, just before I left for my B12, my doc came to me, took me by the hand, and asked if we were okay. I reassured her were were fine. She noted my red-rimed eyes and said, "But I've upset you--you've been crying."

And because I am my Prankster-Mothers Daughter, I commenced to wailing and sobbing. 

There is the tiniest of possibilities that I was overly dramatic.

Okay, I laid it on so thick people came to The Swamp Room to see if I was okay. I talked it up a good 30 seconds, and would have kept it up, but her looks of horror caused me to have mercy.  I'm not sure if the hooer was a result of my acting, or she believed me.

"Its allergies." I confessed through my giggles.

The result:  My Doc and I are still good. She attempted to accomplish her weekend goal her way, and while she was eventually successful, it was at a much higher cost of time and frustration expended than if she had just done as I had suggested.

And,  while I worked half an hour into my sick leave, I finished all my tasks and made it to  my First Friday B12 injection just before the end of the day. Which meant I was able to make it to my hair appointment by 5:45--well before I normally get to leave work on a "normal overtime until 6 or 7 pm" day.

Yep. Last week, Friday was a grrrreat day.  And I'm expecting another great day.  Everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment